• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trivia Question

Margarita. At least the night that I met him. He was a blast. Had at least 5, drank 4, spilled one. I was a friend of John Melton. man did he have stories to tell.
That's soo cool!

I'd love to have spent some time with each of those guys!!

Bob was pretty reserved. John wasn't, It was a time that I will cherish. There are stories that can be told at a tailgate, not here. GBR!! Tom grew up next door to my parents in Hastings. One of the best.
I've always heard that Melton was a real character with a great sense of humor - even Dr. Tom, I think, got a kick out of him...yeah, you must have some great stories to share

I've always heard that Melton was a real character with a great sense of humor - even Dr. Tom, I think, got a kick out of him...yeah, you must have some great stories to share
One of Melton's stories.

He mentioned that Tom and him went to visit a recruit. Tom was in the kitchen visiting with the parents. Tom told John to visit with the grandmother in the den. John mentioned that they had a good talk, but before he left, he mentioned that he was sorry for eating all of the peanuts that were in a bowl on the coffee table.

The grandmother mentioned, "That's ok, I already sucked the chocolate off of them. " :)

John said. " I went out onto the back porch and puked. we lost the kid. "

Not sure what stories of John's were true, he had bunches. Great times.

One of Melton's stories.

He mentioned that Tom and him went to visit a recruit. Tom was in the kitchen visiting with the parents. Tom told John to visit with the grandmother in the den. John mentioned that they had a good talk, but before he left, he mentioned that he was sorry for eating all of the peanuts that were in a bowl on the coffee table.

The grandmother mentioned, "That's ok, I already sucked the chocolate off of them. " :)

John said. " I went out onto the back porch and puked. we lost the kid. "

Not sure what stories of John's were true, he had bunches. Great times.
LOL!

Name the year & Husker who was 6th on the team in receiving, but 2nd in the entire conference in receiving touchdowns (and more than the top 10 Heisman vote getters combined).

Has Ohio State been guessed? They don't have many losing seasons.
You got it!

Ohio St lost the 2nd fewest number of games {1962-2003} - 114 vs 88 for the Huskers
AND
ranked as the 2nd winningest program {1962-2003} - 75% vs 82% for the Huskers

I just think that's amazing, though...
That is a HUGE drop off from number one to number two - 82% vs 75%
Goes to show how dominant Nebraska really was

Greatest dynasty in college football history, if you ask me

Name the year & Husker who was 6th on the team in receiving, but 2nd in the entire conference in receiving touchdowns (and more than the top 10 Heisman vote getters combined).
1987, Todd Millikan or Tom Banderas?
I forget which was which, but one of our tight ends that year - most every pass he caught went for a TD

And, in those days, there probably weren't many receivers up for the Heisman, either

ETA:
Numbers 43 and 87, respectively, if I remember correctly
Millikan was from Iowa {I wanna say Shenandoah} and Banderas from Missouri {can't recall where}

1987 was the year I fell in love with Nebraska football!

Last edited:
1987, Todd Millikan or Tom Banderas?
I forget which was which, but one of our tight ends that year - most every pass he caught went for a TD

And, in those days, there probably weren't many receivers up for the Heisman, either

ETA:
Numbers 43 and 87, respectively, if I remember correctly
Millikan was from Iowa {I wanna say Shenandoah} and Banderas from Missouri {can't recall where}

1987 was the year I fell in love with Nebraska football!
You're on the right general track, but not either of those guys.

It's a tight end for sure. Who was the TE on the 95 team? Was it Banderas? Someone answer before I cheat....:Banghead:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back