• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trivia Question

FWIW, I was guessing without looking it up. I'd guess the others are someone from way back, like Tom Novak or Bob Brown. I can't remember the name, but I think that the very first person taken in what we now call the draft was a Husker, but I don't think he ended up famous, and I don't think we even retired his number, but that's just fragments of memories from the part of my brain that was damaged by exposure to toxic flatulence in college.
No to Tom Novak
No to Bob Brown

Great players, nonetheless

FWIW, I was guessing without looking it up. I'd guess the others are someone from way back, like Tom Novak or Bob Brown. I can't remember the name, but I think that the very first person taken in what we now call the draft was a Husker, but I don't think he ended up famous, and I don't think we even retired his number, but that's just fragments of memories from the part of my brain that was damaged by exposure to toxic flatulence in college.
I'll give your fragmented memory credit for Sam Francis taken first in the 2nd NFL draft

So you have no upside? What good are you then? ;)

I'm not feeling enough love. I want to thank @CrabHusker for teaching me how to crochet during my brief time here. I want to thank so many of you for showing me creative new ways to use--or not use--punctuation, and I want to give special thanks to @Pops for his wonderful array of baked goods, but ... I have decided to seek a new home for my special set of skills. I am reopening my recruitment while sliding into the transfer portal.

There's no love lost.

Respect my decision.

I'm not feeling enough love. I want to thank @CrabHusker for teaching me how to crochet during my brief time here. I want to thank so many of you for showing me creative new ways to use--or not use--punctuation, and I want to give special thanks to @Pops for his wonderful array of baked goods, but ... I have decided to seek a new home for my special set of skills. I am reopening my recruitment while sliding into the transfer portal.

There's no love lost.

Respect my decision.
Wait till you eat my goodbye cake.
You’ll be singing… hello hello.
You might've forgot
The journey ends
You've tied your knots
'N' you made your friends
You left the scene
Without a trace
One hand on the ground
One hand in space
Oh, you passed on mercy
You tried the rest
You gave your body
You gave your best
Starin' at the green door
Livin' in the sky
You don't wanna know it
You just wanna fly
uh-oh
(Hello) hello (hello again)

There's no love lost.

Respect my decision.
Good luck at Southwest Huskermax A&M

Nope and nope
Mike Rozier
Irving Fryar
Sam Francis

Who was the 4th Husker football player taken #1 overall in the draft?
You have Sam Francis and Irving Fryar in the NFL Draft. Mike Rozier in the USFL Draft.

And.....that's it unless there is another draft that you are referencing.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back