• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trivia Question

I would say the 4 Sooners while we were in the Big 8/12, Sanders at OK state, the Buffs winner in 94. That is 6. I will guess we played 2 more in bowl games — so 8.
Well, we DID play against 4 of the Sooner's 7 Heisman winners:

Billy Vessels 1952
Steve Owens 1969
Billy Sims 1978
Sam Bradford 2008

and

Oklahoma St's Barry Sanders in 1988

and

Colorado's Rashaan Salaam in 1994

but

your guess of 8, overall, is still coming up short...

In addition to the post above:
1941: Smith from Minnesota
1955: Cassady from The Ohio State University
1961: Ernie Davis from Syracuse
1993: Ward from Florida State
1998: Williams from Texas

Wake Forest
You got it.

Home of Arnold Palmer and great golf but unfortunately rather poor football over the years.

Their current Coach Dave Clauson has them doing better but still according to Athlon, they have supplanted Kansas State at the bottom of the Power Five. :(

PS: Really enjoyed my four years at the Medical School there.

Last edited:
You got it.

Home of Arnold Palmer and great golf but unfortunately rather poor football over the years.

Their current Coach Dave Clauson has them doing better but still according to Athlon, they have supplanted Kansas State at the bottom of the Power Five. :(

PS: Really enjoyed my four years at the Medical School there.
Quick question for everyone EXCEPT HuskerSuperGenius:

What very famous 'coulda, shoulda, woulda been Husker' had a very famous connection with what very famous Wake Forest football player?

Last edited:
Quick question for everyone EXCEPT HuskerSuperGenius:

What very famous 'coulda, shoulda, woulda been Husker' had a very famous connection with what very famous Wake Forest football player?

Gale Sayers and Brian Piccalo with the Bears

I would say the 4 Sooners while we were in the Big 8/12, Sanders at OK state, the Buffs winner in 94. That is 6. I will guess we played 2 more in bowl games — so 8.
Sounds correct but I think we played against Penn St. when they had a Heisman winner and I can't think of more than 3 sooners. So I say 8 also.

Edit--This post is stupid, don't read it.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back