• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trey Palmer 2nd team in Media poll?

Trey was the 3rd leading receiver in the conference. Hardly a slap in the face.

47 receiving yards against Wisconsin
12 receiving yards against Michigan
37 receiving yards against Minnesota
1 receiving yard against Illinois

While I wish we had him back, I don’t think he deserves 1st team honors when 559 of his 1,043 yards and 5 of his 9 touchdowns came in 3 games

While I wish we had him back, I don’t think he deserves 1st team honors when 559 of his 1,043 yards and 5 of his 9 touchdowns came in 3 games

The surprise to me was 3rd team by coaches. Might reconsider going into the draft based on conference coaches opinions.

Yes, he was knocked out against IL (I forget when in the game). And 47 against WI isn't terrible. My point being, Trey can clearly get separation when he has the tools around him. When the line won't provide > 2 seconds protection, or when his QB can't get him the ball, his #s aren't going to look good.
Trey needs work in two areas. Possession catching and run routes. His go to skill is his speed. He can literally outrun man to man. In the NFL the dbacks are as fast or faster. Another year when your wide receivers coach isn’t doing interim duties would help.

Us being lame duck at the QB position for those games didn't help things. But, I agree he lost a lot of buzz after a number of lackluster performances.

That said, I think Harrison Jr. was the clear #1 receiver in the conference.

Sad thing is how few people we had on all-conference/honorable mention, as a whole.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back