• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trev Alberts "I have not yet read anything that I would say is accurate.”

Colfax

Recruit
10 Year Member

This comment was made pertaining to the Coaching search. I think we should all heed this as a warning with anything written about Husker Athletics and particularly the football team. The press and radio commentators have been complicit the past 4 plus years covering up Nebraska football coaching staff transgressions. This plus the kool aid pumping rhetoric relative to the culture and capabilities of the product put on the field have been grossly misleading i.e. essentially promoting the party line in lieu of what they see and know to be factual. Oh wait, I forget "We as a fan base cannot handle the truth."

This comment was made pertaining to the Coaching search. I think we should all heed this as a warning with anything written about Husker Athletics and particularly the football team. The press and radio commentators have been complicit the past 4 plus years covering up Nebraska football coaching staff transgressions. This plus the kool aid pumping rhetoric relative to the culture and capabilities of the product put on the field have been grossly misleading i.e. essentially promoting the party line in lieu of what they see and know to be factual. Oh wait, I forget "We as a fan base cannot handle the truth."
So everyone saying Urban isn't under consideration is wrong?!
YES!!!! URBAN! URBAN!:Corn2::Koolaid2:

Most articles have nothing, but have to pretend like they do to get traffic. Simple as that.

The two biggest hires last year came from active coaches from Notre Dame and Oklahoma. Nobody saw those coming and were not coaches talked about. I would like to think Trev is trying the same path.

Paul Cryst could get a big pay bump coming here as Wisconsin has been notoriously cheap. Mike Gundy has to be a little put off by taking a salary hit a few years ago for wearing the wrong tee shirt. That's the type of avenue I hope he is going with this.

LOL...the couple of weeks I mentioned was more tongue in cheek.

Personally I can not wait for the story that comes out day after the press conference with the new coach "Trev was locked onto ____ from the start and got his man that will take NU back to the promise land. This will be the most transformative hire since____ and the fans can rest assured that NU football is in great hands. Coach ____ is thrilled to be at NU as it was always his dream job to be coaching here in the BIG___" blah blah blah....LOL. GBR

Well spoken sir and 100% accurate. The “art” of journalism has diminished to be essentially click bait. I thought this only applied to the drive by media but the last 10-15 years it has been proven again and again to apply to sports as well. Saaaaaaaaaad state of affairs. Almost as bad as the state of nebraska football. These sports writers either don’t know crap about football or as some have suggested….. they where worried about access. Either way … we as fans… are sitting here covering our ball sack for the next blow.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back