• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

Trev Alberts "I have not yet read anything that I would say is accurate.”

FLA4NEB

Amazingly Humble
10 Year Member
My guess is Urban gets a 5 year 60 million deal. Do we want to win games? What a novel idea.Do we care about baggage? No

Welcome aboard Urban, can I carry your bags ?
How about 60 million if in 5 years we have won the B1G championship and played in a national championship game?

We shouldn't just be dumping money on a coach, we should be pegging payout direct to performance. I imagine Frost would have been a lot more focused on the job if his big payday was on getting the Huskers to conference championships.

Ringo

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
How about 60 million if in 5 years we have won the B1G championship and played in a national championship game?

We shouldn't just be dumping money on a coach, we should be pegging payout direct to performance. I imagine Frost would have been a lot more focused on the job if his big payday was on getting the Huskers to conference championships.
That's just not how this works anymore, unfortunately.

Huskerfan69

Junior Varsity
2 Year Member
Trev Alberts "I have not yet read anything that I would say is accurate.”

This comment was made pertaining to the Coaching search. I think we should all heed this as a warning with anything written about Husker Athletics and particularly the football team. The press and radio commentators have been complicit the past 4 plus years covering up Nebraska football coaching staff transgressions. This plus the kool aid pumping rhetoric relative to the culture and capabilities of the product put on the field have been grossly misleading i.e. essentially promoting the party line in lieu of what they see and know to be factual. Oh wait, I forget "We as a fan base cannot handle the truth."

Seriously, what did you think he was going to say? Did you think he would name a person on twitter and say, this guy here is the closest?

FLA4NEB

Amazingly Humble
10 Year Member
So not paying what the market bares at this point is an option if you want the best coach possible? Maybe I am not understanding you.
I am not saying don't pay them just don't give them the huge payout. If we are going to give someone like Urban 60 million why not pay him 3 million a year over 5 years and if he takes us to a conference championship give him a 10 mill bonus and a national championship another 15 million. Once he maxes out his 60 million renegotiate.

FLA4NEB

Amazingly Humble
10 Year Member
Why should we just pay someone 60 million to come here to coach without setting expectations and performance guidelines?

Ringo

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
I am not saying don't pay them just don't give them the huge payout. If we are going to give someone like Urban 60 million why not pay him 3 million a year over 5 years and if he takes us to a conference championship give him a 10 mill bonus and a national championship another 15 million. Once he maxes out his 60 million renegotiate.

If you can get Urban to agree to that please call Trev.

Huskerfan69

Junior Varsity
2 Year Member
Reading comprehension is a valuable attribute!!!

HUH? Did you or did you not quote Trev saying this "I have not yet read anything that I would say is accurate.”?

Did you not go on to say this..

This comment was made pertaining to the Coaching search. I think we should all heed this as a warning with anything written about Husker Athletics and particularly the football team.

So, please, explain to me what I did not comprehend?

huskernut

Heisman
10 Year Member
Trev said ideally before early signing. That's Dec 21. Could easily be announced no sooner than the week of Dec 5th, after the CCGs. Or even after the bowls and playoffs.

The only candidates available now are me and Urban. And I haven't even been called yet.

Last edited:
Visit the Sports Illustrated Husker site

GET TICKETS