• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trev Alberts Expectations

dallasblackshirt

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
Trev Alberts laid out his expectations

Frost is 12-20 in his first three years. Alberts, without criticizing Frost, said the team hasn’t executed effectively in recent seasons.

“It’s just hard work, it’s encouraging the coaches to narrow their focus, focus in on those very small details that ultimately win you games. There’s hidden yardage here and there,” Alberts said, noting the emphasis his coach, Tom Osborne, used to put on special teams and field position.

I am totally aligned with him. I applaud him for pointing out the obvious which is not something Moos laid at Frost's feet.

In another thread a month ago I said if we finish in top 40 teams in terms of turnovers, penalties and special teams I would consider that progress even if the record was 4-8. Absent this improvement Frost needs to be fired.

One unintended bonus to having a guy like Alberts as the AD is that there is zero room for Frost to phone it in.

I'm not saying that Frost IS phoning it in. But rather if he's doing or not doing something the "Nebraska Way," Trev Alberts can call out any bullsh*t where Moos may not have been able to.

Frost played for Osborne. But so did his boss.

Last edited:
One unintended bonus to having a guy like Alberts as the AD is that there is zero room for Frost to phone it in.

I'm not saying that Frost IS phoning it in. But rather if he's doing or not doing something the "Nebraska Way," Trev Alberts can call out any bullsh*t where Moos may not have been able to.

Frost played for Osborne. But so did his boss.
Agreed. Alberts must be puking almost every game we play based on mental mistakes made on the field.

I am confident that Trev will not tolerate the crap we have witnessed for three years.

I believe this will enable Frost to produce a disciplined team this year if he is capable of it. If not, he needs to go

I don't want Trev or any AD to be too involved in any athletic program, that is not their job. Set expectations and hold all teams to it.
I normally agree with your position. However with regard to football, Trev played four years on the most incredible teams the huskers have ever had.

He lived what great was like. And can demand some of those same qualities not saying output that he experienced.

Trev is the type of guy who doesn't let emotions or outside noise influence his decisions. He's a pragmatist. He sees a problem and he provides a solution. Plain and simple. I don't believe Frost is getting fired this year, regardless of record or progress. However, if and when the time comes that Frost does need to be let go, Trev is the kind of guy who won't shy away from making that decision. That said, Trev also likes to take people and help grow them as people and in their specific area of expertise. I think Trev is going to be really good for Frost in that respect.

I normally agree with your position. However with regard to football, Trev played four years on the most incredible teams the huskers have ever had.

He lived what great was like. And can demand some of those same qualities not saying output that he experienced.
You are not wrong. I think we both have the same expectations, all I am saying is, find out what he needs to be successful make sure he understands what is expected of him and hold him to those standards. Not that he would get involved in day-to-day activity of the football team because I doubt he would do that but give Scott what he needs get out of the way and let him do his thing.

I primarily agree with you as I am assuming trev has made clear the lack of playing sound fundamental football is done. No more excuses or whatever reason he has provided
Finally, the first official fire Frost thread. I applaud the forum for their exceptional patience.

Now I’m sure that Frost will start TRYING to win instead of mailing it in. LOL!
i never would excuse him of not trying to win.
But he has done a pathetic job of putting well coached disciplined teams on the field.

I primarily agree with you as I am assuming trev has made clear the lack of playing sound fundamental football is done. No more excuses or whatever reason he has provided

i never would excuse him of not trying to win.
But he has done a pathetic job of putting well coached disciplined teams on the field.

Ok

Trev will provide leadership and a no nonsense approach, no doubt. He seems to be wound pretty tight—-I feel a lot better about things in Lincoln than I did a month ago.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back