• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trev Alberts Expectations

I know. And it was a great game, started the run. But not NU's "most incredible teams".
1627045790480.png

It really does seem like a good situation in Lincoln. They have Frost who lived the Husker football experience, and Alberts did as well. The understanding of how things work, the uniqueness of Husker football, and the complex relationships with all of the stakeholders should be common ground between the HC and AD. I hope Frost figure things out, and Alberts turns out to have all of the executive skills necessary to succeed, as I think they both will be around awhile if they can resurrect the football program. This would give us the stability that we have been sorely lacking in recent history.......

One unintended bonus to having a guy like Alberts as the AD is that there is zero room for Frost to phone it in.

I'm not saying that Frost IS phoning it in. But rather if he's doing or not doing something the "Nebraska Way," Trev Alberts can call out any bullsh*t where Moos may not have been able to.

Frost played for Osborne. But so did his boss.
Frost is not phoning it in.

:Cheers:I primarily agree with you as I am assuming trev has made clear the lack of playing sound fundamental football is done. No more excuses or whatever reason he has provided

i never would excuse him of not trying to win.
But he has done a pathetic job of putting well coached disciplined teams on the field.

Well now SF knows he’s supposed to win so that should change his perspective some. :Cheers:

crucify me all you like but little bit of clips I have seen/heard, Trev has said that he will take a few things off Frosts plate. I took that as saying he was doing more than a football coach should have to do in the Athletic Department. Maybe trying to balance what he was expected to do and what he should have to do distracted him from what needed to be done. I can testify to that with what I am doing now. There is nothing I am doing at work that is top tier, just getting by to get by, and trying to hold the upper average. then add in a family and all the demands that has, maybe Moos wasn't as good as I thought he was. Just sayin.

crucify me all you like but little bit of clips I have seen/heard, Trev has said that he will take a few things off Frosts plate. I took that as saying he was doing more than a football coach should have to do in the Athletic Department. Maybe trying to balance what he was expected to do and what he should have to do distracted him from what needed to be done. I can testify to that with what I am doing now. There is nothing I am doing at work that is top tier, just getting by to get by, and trying to hold the upper average. then add in a family and all the demands that has, maybe Moos wasn't as good as I thought he was. Just sayin.
My guess is that is Trev's way of publicly supporting his coach and nothing more.

Last edited:
Trev Alberts laid out his expectations

Frost is 12-20 in his first three years. Alberts, without criticizing Frost, said the team hasn’t executed effectively in recent seasons.

“It’s just hard work, it’s encouraging the coaches to narrow their focus, focus in on those very small details that ultimately win you games. There’s hidden yardage here and there,” Alberts said, noting the emphasis his coach, Tom Osborne, used to put on special teams and field position.

I am totally aligned with him. I applaud him for pointing out the obvious which is not something Moos laid at Frost's feet.

In another thread a month ago I said if we finish in top 40 teams in terms of turnovers, penalties and special teams I would consider that progress even if the record was 4-8. Absent this improvement Frost needs to be fired.
I had huge expectations when we hired Scott Frost. I won’t let that happen again.Certainly wish Trev the best.Hope he can get it done.Love the Huskers,just holding my emotions in check. Keep the faith.GBR.

Trev, knows and told us all that the future of college football is going to be about embracing and getting comfortable with CHAOS.

I’m glad to have a Captain of the ship that sees the storm coming.

Last edited:
Trev, knows and told us all that the future of college football is going to be about embracing and getting comfortable with CHAOS.

I’m glad to have a Captain of the ship that sees the storm coming.
TA is an extremely intelligent individual. He's good at problem solving and good at seeing change coming before it even gets there. He has a great business mind, combined with a great understanding of the college athletics landscape. I'm confident he will keep us in a good spot, wherever that may be.

Last edited:

I suspect that the events of the past few days probably indicate that there was some sense of an impending earthquake induced change to College Football which is why Mr. Moos was sent packing early... Never a good time to have a caretaker in the leader position, and especially not now...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back