• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfers, late pick ups (i.e. Portal Watch 2023)

GIFRRO

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Are we in on anything here?
If KT comes back and we snag a few scorers inside we could be good next yr. If kt leaves and we dont snag a few, we will be the worst team in the league. Next yr is determined on these 2 things. Huge off season needs

Keisei could transfer, but I don't think he will be interested in doing so if Fred is back. Eli Rice is an interesting player, I don't know what his impact will be right away next year. The one that's on the team is Ramel Lloyd Jr, who is 6'6" and probably a wing player. He was very good in high school. Also Quaran McPherson was figured to play a LOT of PG this year (rs last year and was still a bench leader) until he was injured right before the season began.

With Gary and Keita, maybe Breidenbach and Kojenets figure out how to contribute OR they get a bigger transfer forward, they should be able to do something.

They will miss Walker no matter what, as well as Griesel and Bandoumel.

I heard that Robin Washut reportedly said that Sallis and Traudt were names to keep an eye on when the portal opens up. I couldn't find any tweet so it might have been on one of his broadcasts.

I heard that Robin Washut reportedly said that Sallis and Traudt were names to keep an eye on when the portal opens up. I couldn't find any tweet so it might have been on one of his broadcasts.
Holy crap, I can't think that's likely, but wouldn't it be cool.

Lawrence - McPherson - Hoiberg
Tominaga - Lloyd - Rice
Sallis - Wilcher
Traudt - Breidenbach
Keita - Kojenets

Wow.

I think that Fred, and his Assistants, have shown a lot (of coaching ability) that may prove to be attractive to prospective recruits and transfers who want to get to the next level.

Some very interesting names are popping up in the Transfer Portal!!! And more each day as teams are eliminated in the NCAA's.
(Way Too Many to keep track of,but here are some.
:Drool:
)

Here's a link to a spreadsheet I found that may be helpful for stats, etc. (Sorry, I don't know the source)
-https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WdE6qi-CEOv4VGqbmTGwdcG1-fXpYboYkJR-EzhHdts/edit#gid=0-

Previously Mentioned:
Isaac Traudt (Virginia)
Chucky Hepburn (Wisc)
Hunter Sallis (Gonzaga)
* Chris Ledlum (Harvard)

Some Recent names: (* have reportedly heard from Nebraska)
* Jackson Paveletzke (Wofford)
* John Hugley (Pitt)
* Camren Hunter (Cen Arkansas)
* Sydney Curry (Louisville)
* Taran Armstrong (Cal Baptist)
* Damian Dunn (Temple)
* Jamison Battle (Minny)
* Teafale Lenard (MTSU)
* John Tonje (Colo ST)
* Myles Stute (Vandy)

Kenny Pohto (Wichita)
Andrew Rohde (St. Thomas)
Paxson Wojcik (Brown)
Cam Martin (KU)
Grant Nelson (NDSU)
Kerr Kriila (AZ)
Graham Ike (Wyoming)

Iowa had two guys enter the portal yesterday. One is a big man...which we can certainly use. He hasn't played much at Iowa and is coming off a knee injury this season. But, seems like taking a chance on a 6'10" guy with some Big Ten experience might be worth consideration.
  • Josh Ogundele: After limited action in three seasons, the 6-foot-10, 275-pound Ogundele is in the portal. Originally from London, Ogundele played high school basketball at Worcester Academy in Massachusetts, where he was a three-star recruit in the class of 2020.

My googling took me to an Indiana Hoosier site to grab that paragraph.

Not that it would happen, but it would be cool to get Hepburn, Sallis and Traudt at Lincoln. Sallis could really play defense if he wanted to... amazing athlete. Hepburn is just a great PG, I think he can go where he wants. Traudt is a wing, maybe he could grow into being a stretch 4? They fit what Nebraska needs, and would be a chance to show some player development from this newish staff.

For that matter, turn Wilcher into a 15pt a game scorer that can defend... I would be impressed with that development.

Not that it would happen, but it would be cool to get Hepburn, Sallis and Traudt at Lincoln. Sallis could really play defense if he wanted to... amazing athlete. Hepburn is just a great PG, I think he can go where he wants. Traudt is a wing, maybe he could grow into being a stretch 4? They fit what Nebraska needs, and would be a chance to show some player development from this newish staff.

For that matter, turn Wilcher into a 15pt a game scorer that can defend... I would be impressed with that development.
I wouldn't hold my breath on the Wilcher thing. Sallis and Traudt would be really good adds. On the fence with Hepburn

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back