• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

transfer TE ?

Certainly an interesting position to add if they end up offering during his visit today. He's also visited Iowa and Kansas State and might still visit Arkansas.

I thought they could only add one more guy in this class and I am surprised they didn't go with a linebacker - if this kid ends up taking that last spot.

Certainly an interesting position to add if they end up offering during his visit today. He's also visited Iowa and Kansas State and might still visit Arkansas.

I thought they could only add one more guy in this class and I am surprised they didn't go with a linebacker - if this kid ends up taking that last spot.

Maybe they're looking at shifting him or another player from the TE group to rush end/ outside linebacker. Would provide a long body and good coverage for underneath routes.

Some talk it could possibly be two more. Which might change things as pertains to him.

Stoll, Allen, Rafdahl, Hickman, and Legrone all have 2 - 4 years of eligibility. Taking a marginally productive transfer from Rutgers seems odd on the surface. But if the coaches think we need him, then so be it.

I think it was @One Hit Wonder who opened a thread with a breakdown of all the 2020 offers ... IIRC from that thread, Frost & crew have offered 18 TE's for next class so I'm guessing that they want one in play for the final recruiting #s.

If he has a redshirt to burn, then maybe they look at him at least as a 'Plan B.'

Maybe they're looking at shifting him or another player from the TE group to rush end/ outside linebacker. Would provide a long body and good coverage for underneath routes.

JMPO, if they're grabbing kids out of the transfer portal to switch that kids position - unless you're talking corner to safety types of thing - midway through their eligibility, they're reaching big-time.

Sure, but that stings because he's from Omaha, not because Tom Osborne had a chance to sign Jamelle Holloway or Keith Jackson and the kid went elsewhere...
Fwiw, I was joking about taking him,... but now you've brought up so many horrible memories for me. Thanks for that. Good thing you didn't also mention Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith or Kevin Williams or Marshall Faulk or Darian Hagan or Spencer Tillman or ... [sigh] I need a drink.

I don't care if Iowa gets him. Nebraska has more pressing needs. LB is the position that needs reinforcements. TE is in good shape. If K. Legrone continues to develop, he will play a big role this year. The kid will go beast mode when he figures it all out. Line him up at the H and put him in motion and he will tear it up.

I don't care if Iowa gets him. Nebraska has more pressing needs. LB is the position that needs reinforcements. TE is in good shape. If K. Legrone continues to develop, he will play a big role this year. The kid will go beast mode when he figures it all out. Line him up at the H and put him in motion and he will tear it up.
I agree. Legrone makes so much sense for an H-back or a flexed TE for packages where we have another TE (or two) already in the game. If you're not stacked with stud WRs, run formations that use more TEs, H-backs, and Duck-Rs.

Allen has the scouts drooling right now too.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back