• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfer RB Markese Stepp is N (Transfer From USC) Injury Update

Agree. This is a good transfer for NU. Will he be here in time for Spring Ball? I look forward to seeing how he plays and how he is used.
But, I wonder, are we having a problem developing RBs?
Yes, he is planning on being here this weekend.

Kid runs a 4.49 and we arguing if that's fast or not?

Ameer ran a 4.6 in comparison

Sub 4.5 for a RB especially as big as he is fast

If he stays healthy he will be a load
The silliness of the argument being made is that the electronic time is incorrect because their EYES tell them he is only 4.6 or 4.7 and that he only looks fast because the video was against HS students.

So a quick question for all the people doubting the electronic time speed of 4.49. You keep saying, "He only looks fast because that is against HS students." So then I guess by your estimation we should ignore every tape from every recruit ever in the history of recruiting. Because virtually all of them are against HS students.
We shouldn’t ignore it but Wan’Dale was clocked at 4.2 supposedly in camps before college. Do you think he really was that fast? They always exaggerate numbers. My daughter was listed at 5’7” in high school basketball. She’s 5’4”.

We shouldn’t ignore it but Wan’Dale was clocked at 4.2 supposedly in camps before college. Do you think he really was that fast? They always exaggerate numbers. My daughter was listed at 5’7” in high school basketball. She’s 5’4”.
Yes the 4.43 was the exaggerated time. The 4.49 was done at a camp. Those times are more often than not accurate.

I don't know if it really is that big of a deal, but the kid was originally listed in 247 at 6' 191 lbs. He was listed on Rivals at 205 lbs. He is now listed at somewhere between 230-235 lbs. Do we think he might have slowed just a little putting on somewhere between 25-49 lbs, depending on which service you follow? Something also tells me that added weight might have helped him carry numerous Golden Domers down the field in that clip we saw. Who knows what they are thinking of doing with him, but we could see a Ziggy-like 'reshaping' to get him a little quicker, but still keeping some size to run inside.

The silliness of the argument being made is that the electronic time is incorrect because their EYES tell them he is only 4.6 or 4.7 and that he only looks fast because the video was against HS students.
I think 40 time is overrated for RBs anyway. Bottom line is this guy is a very good RB and we’re fortunate that he’s heading our way.

So can Stepp and Toure' play this upcoming season or do they have to sit out? I thought I read from another thread that he has to sit out.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back