• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfer RB Markese Stepp is N (Transfer From USC) Injury Update

Wisconsin and Notre Dame were trying to get this kid. I don't know what this means for Nebraska's on-field product, but I like taking things from the Badgers.

He doesn't look terribly fast, so don't expect any Ahman Green speed here. I see him more in the vein of an Imani Cross or Janovich, where he can play a "Bruiser RB / Small FB" role.

High school film:

Deceptive speed... he looks like he's lumbering, but he is running past a lot of kids in those clips.

Deceptive speed... he looks like he's lumbering, but he is running past a lot of kids in those clips.

He's also running past high schoolers. I'm not going to confer any kind of speed awards until I see this kid blow past some B1G defensive backs.

When you watch his game film from the USC-Notre Dame game, he doesn't appear all that fast compared to top tier Power 5 teams.

He's also running past high schoolers. I'm not going to confer any kind of speed awards until I see this kid blow past some B1G defensive backs.

When you watch his game film from the USC-Notre Dame game, he doesn't appear all that fast compared to top tier Power 5 teams.
I understand that some of those opponents are run of the mill HS kids. But some of them looked like pretty good athletes chasing him. Took me a few watches to see that.

So a quick question for all the people doubting the electronic time speed of 4.49. You keep saying, "He only looks fast because that is against HS students." So then I guess by your estimation we should ignore every tape from every recruit ever in the history of recruiting. Because virtually all of them are against HS students.

Frost continues to reel them in. Now it's time to start coaching them up.......
Agree. This is a good transfer for NU. Will he be here in time for Spring Ball? I look forward to seeing how he plays and how he is used.
But, I wonder, are we having a problem developing RBs?

Last edited:
So a quick question for all the people doubting the electronic time speed of 4.49. You keep saying, "He only looks fast because that is against HS students." So then I guess by your estimation we should ignore every tape from every recruit ever in the history of recruiting. Because virtually all of them are against HS students.
I think hes fast for a big back, not world class fast, but fast enough.
Hes coming in early, they should have him right come fall

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back