• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfer portal

So far, there are two big time guards in the portal. VA Tech's Georgia Amoore (got the first triple double in their program's history against Nebraska in Blacksburg) and LSU's Hailey Van Lith entered the portal an hour ago.

IMO, given the fact several Big Ten programs are bringing in multiple Top 100 players for next season, plus the fact USC and UCLA have stacked rosters already, Amy Williams needs to get at least one high major guard. Prince is a great player, but she can't be the only backcourt scoring threat. Especially because Amy runs a three guard offense.

Amoore's from Ballarat, Victoria, Australia.

The Huskers have had at least two Australians on the roster for a few years. I think Jess Petrie needs somebody from back home to join her next season.

Last edited:
Here is a little more regarding Georgia Ammore:

It's a Great Thought! :thumbsup:

She'd fit right in and represent a major addition to the team, but she might already be spoken for.

I do think that's possible, perhaps even likely, but it's not just because of Kenny Brooks. When Brooks was introduced at UK, he was pretty clear about why he left VT, NIL. In other words, UK can compete in NIL and VT can't. My best friend is a VT grad, and that's absolutely true, and it's true for every sport at VT, not just women's basketball. Amoore might go to UK because she wants to play for Brooks, but the two of them would still be in Blacksburg if it weren't for UK's better resources.

The way Nebraska gets players like Amoore, Van Lilth, and I think better HS recruits, is NIL. The Athletic Department just needs to decide if the resources exist for football, men's bball and women's bball to all be good enough to compete in the Big Ten. Prince was a great HS player. Hopefully she'll display that talent as a freshman. Hargrove and Kennadi aren't regarded as top 100 players so they might take more time to develop. Meanwhile, the Big Ten is getting tougher even without Clark.

Here's what the Huskers face in 2024-25: Iowa signed four 4-star recruits, Ohio State signed a 5-star and two 4-stars; Michigan signed two 5-stars; Michigan State signed two 4-stars; Indiana signed a 4-star and G Sydney Parrish can stay for one more year if she wants; Illinois signed a 5-star and all their starters from this year's team can return; USC has JuJu Watkins, who is already one of the top three or four players in the country and they signed three 5-stars and two four stars; UCLA has Betts, who's one of the top 5 players in the country, and signed three 5-stars.

I wouldn't be shocked if Beers from Oregon State decides to transfer and ends up at USC, UCLA or Washington. I also wouldn't be shocked if Iowa gets Van Lilth. Right now, IMO next season is shaping up to be rough.

To Minnesota

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back