• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfer portal

I’m truly not seeing an issue here. He is playing by the rules that the NCAA has set forth pertaining to the transfer portal requirements. Without knowing his reasoning for transferring to OU maybe he wanted to see what direction the Arkansas Program was going and how/if he fit in going forward after being one of the top receivers and experiencing 3 straight losing seasons. After going through spring practice maybe he decided it was in his best interests to go elsewhere and have a chance at joining a successful program to end his college career? FWIW here is the Razorbacks record while he was there.....

2018 2-10
2019 2-10
2020 3-7

This will become even more common unless the portal rule is modified. You've got sights set on a lucrative NFL career so why play for a loser when you can play for team gunning for a NC?

I can't believe this is what the brain(?) childs of NCAA leaders envisioned, but it is what has been created. Maybe the problem lies in the stupid money that has come to rule the sports. Anyway, using OU as our example plus a little history lesson and why Lincoln Riley is shrewd business man and good at his craft and has a little George Allen in him.

UN added Daniels, a veteran that didn't need to learn how to practice, how to train, and how to prepare of a game and season...He was "culture". Per the article that is what can be had by bringing in a plug and play veteran. Of course it helps if the coach and program have a reputation for getting to the big games AND they have the openings.
This is not a Frost bash, but as of now UN is not that kind of destination.

Go back to 1972 and the similarities are there. Proven coach with holes to fill, using players well "past their prime"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Over-the-Hill_Gang_(American_football) (sorry for the wikipedia usage).

Last edited:

Yikes. Not only is a
Alabama stacked in recruiting, now that are getting top players from other teams.

This is going to happen a lot. I wouldn't be shocked if he was recruited under the table as LB is one spot where Alabama had some question marks. The NCAA has opened Pandora's box on this. I know other sports have had the freedom to transfer but they also aren't sports with the financial impact of football and men's basketball. I suspect this will get ugly and the NCAA will be slow to deal with the mess they created.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back