• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfer portal

I wish him well. He made a decision that I really think he knows he screwed the pooch. Rash decisions by teenagers usually turn out bad & he has to know he missed out on a huge opportunity here. Maybe it turns out great for him.

GB heading home (originally from Chula Vista)... interesting, best wishes.

My goodness, goes from a scholarship at a B1G / Power 5 school to a walk on ... great example of life choices / decisions have an impact. Just glad I'm not the parent footing the bill or paying for the student loans.

Did we even get a better sense of the full story of why he transferred or was it solely about PT?

Are you talking about Bell? If so, this is what he said.. Take it for what it's worth.

He told ESPN at the time that he “earned the starting job and feel I have continued to work the same way but feel I am not being used to my fullest potential.”

Bell says now that he was distracted by health issues with a family member.

“Being away so far, I wasn’t able to help,” Bell said. “It was stressing me out, trying to play football there and worrying about what was going on here. Now, I’ll actually be home where I can have an impact. ...

You would rather not play at Lincoln or in San Diego? While my choice would be Lincoln I can't blame the guy for going home and San Diego isn't all that bad of a consolation prize.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back