• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfer Portal to become a Major Part of our Recruiting Going Forward?

I have looked for Damien Jackson in the transfer portal. Is he in the portal or not. I look at the 247 portal to get my info and I have not heard anything about him there or here,
The 247 portal isn't the official portal. My guess is they never made a 247 profile for him so they haven't included him in their portal yet. They probably didn't bother making a recruiting profile for a 25 year old (probably wrong on the age) that had never played a down of football prior to enrolling at Nebraska.

I’m still of the mindset that the portal is going to change. I’m not sure it’s here to stay as it is. I still think there is a reasonable possibility of transfers having to sit a year (again). I believe some sort of restrictions will come back, sooner than later. They have to get a handle on it, coupled with NIL. That said, while it is like it is, use the hell out of it.

I’m still of the mindset that the portal is going to change. I’m not sure it’s here to stay as it is. I still think there is a reasonable possibility of transfers having to sit a year (again). I believe some sort of restrictions will come back, sooner than later. They have to get a handle on it, coupled with NIL. That said, while it is like it is, use the hell out of it.
I don’t see the portal helping the Alabama’s Clemson’s or Ohio State’s of college football but it’s surely going to benefit the teams that are prepared for it. Nebraska seems to be well prepared as they’re getting more and more players on campus. This staff seems to be very aggressive recruiters and if they develop players as well as they recruit them the program is going to enjoy a quick turnaround.

I don’t see the portal helping the Alabama’s Clemson’s or Ohio State’s of college football but it’s surely going to benefit the teams that are prepared for it. Nebraska seems to be well prepared as they’re getting more and more players on campus. This staff seems to be very aggressive recruiters and if they develop players as well as they recruit them the program is going to enjoy a quick turnaround.
Alabama is 5th in 24/7's transfer portal rankings, bringing in a 5 star and four 4 stars, compared to our two 4 stars and eight 3 stars (good for 12th in their rankings, tops in the B1G).

Alabama is 5th in 24/7's transfer portal rankings, bringing in a 5 star and four 4 stars, compared to our two 4 stars and eight 3 stars (good for 12th in their rankings, tops in the B1G).
They will be able to fill their biggest need with an elite talent whenever they feel it important. Big help. However, they are going to have more great depth guys go look for playing time. I think they will always be filling in for injuries with elite raw talent. And some of the really good, not great guys that can be difference makers elsewhere will portal.

End result is they keep getting class after class that is large, filled with elite talent and get to see who sticks. And then factory fill with the portal. More attrition, superior athletes.

Do you have official transfer portal site address?
No. My understanding is only coaches have access to it. But some of the media were using coach logins to get onto it. Then the NCAA talked about requiring two factor authentication to crack down on media access of it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back