• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfer portal Speculation

Kentucky QB Terry Wilson's entered the portal. Frost recruited him to Oregon before he left for UCF. Wilson verbally committed to Oregon on December 1, 2015, the day Frost got the job at UCF.

After one season at Oregon, he transferred to Garden City, KS Community College and spent a season there before transferring to Kentucky before the 2018 season. I seem to recall some speculation/debate on this board after Frost got hired that Wilson might have been a JUCO target for Nebraska before he transferred to Kentucky.

If Frost wants a QB from the portal, Wilson's available.
IMO, Frost doesn’t believe he has a quarterback problem in 2021. I think he is going to ride with Martinez. The only thing I can see him considering in terms of transfer portal would be a young QB who is okay with waiting for a shot in 2022. I don’t agree with the strategy. I think we need to add instant competition in the QB room. But I’m saying that I don’t think Frost and I agree on the best approach for 2021.

IMO, Frost doesn’t believe he has a quarterback problem in 2021. I think he is going to ride with Martinez. The only thing I can see him considering in terms of transfer portal would be a young QB who is okay with waiting for a shot in 2022. I don’t agree with the strategy. I think we need to add instant competition in the QB room. But I’m saying that I don’t think Frost and I agree on the best approach for 2021.

I'm okay with whatever Frost decides on the QBs. IMO the bigger issue is getting a WR who can be a consistent weapon for the QB. With the exception of Wan'dale, Nebraska hasn't had that since Stanley Morgan left Lincoln. I *really* hope Frost tries to recruit former Oklahoma starting WR Charleston Rambo, who entered the portal a couple days ago. It's not often that a 6'1 WR who was good enough to start for Oklahoma becomes available, and Rambo's not a one and done senior in 2021 too.

Last edited:
Kentucky QB Terry Wilson's entered the portal. Frost recruited him to Oregon before he left for UCF. Wilson verbally committed to Oregon on December 1, 2015, the day Frost got the job at UCF.

After one season at Oregon, he transferred to Garden City, KS Community College and spent a season there before transferring to Kentucky before the 2018 season. I seem to recall some speculation/debate on this board after Frost got hired that Wilson might have been a JUCO target for Nebraska before he transferred to Kentucky.

If Frost wants a QB from the portal, Wilson's available.

Wasn't Wilson a Nebraska commit before flipping to Oregon?

I'm okay with whatever Frost decides on the QBs. IMO the bigger issue is getting a WR who can be a consistent weapon for the QB. With the exception of Wan'dale, Nebraska hasn't had that since Stanley Morgan left Lincoln. I *really* hope Frost tries to recruit former Oklahoma starting WR Charleston Rambo, who entered the portal a couple days ago. It's not often that a 6'1 WR who was good enough to start for Oklahoma becomes available, and Rambo's not a one and done senior in 2021 too.
I think we’re going to be in pretty good shape at WR, especially when you consider the addition of Fidone as a weapon. I think we’ll use McCaffrey as a weapon too. And the young guys coming in should give us some depth behind Robinson and Betts. Manning remains the great unknown but hopefully he can contribute. We’ll be okay.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I'm kind over the Deontai Williams experience. The missed tackles and poor form got old after a while. I'm fine with Dismuke staying but I'd rather see Farmer at this point.

I agree. In addition, Williams loved to lead with the crown of his helmet when tackling. I'm surprised he only got ejected once this year because he lead with the crown of his helmet a couple times that I saw. That is worse than just poor form. It is plain stupid because it costs your team 15 yards and gets you ejected.

I agree. In addition, Williams loved to lead with the crown of his helmet when tackling. I'm surprised he only got ejected once this year because he lead with the crown of his helmet a couple times that I saw. That is worse than just poor form. It is plain stupid because it costs your team 15 yards and gets you ejected.
Yep he did it on almost every play. Not impressed with him or Dismuke!

I'll probably get pilloried for writing this, but I feel the exact same way about CTB.

Last edited:
This. Rambo would be a fantastic addition. Really hope Frost tries to get him.

According to ESPN radio Wilson left Kentucky because they switched to more of a QB running offense.
Wilson wants to be in an offense that allows him to showcase his passing skills with hopes to move up to the next level.
That would seem to weigh against coming to Lincoln.

Last edited:
I think we’re going to be in pretty good shape at WR, especially when you consider the addition of Fidone as a weapon. I think we’ll use McCaffrey as a weapon too. And the young guys coming in should give us some depth behind Robinson and Betts. Manning remains the great unknown but hopefully he can contribute. We’ll be okay.
I think you all are missing the crying need for a big time RB.
I think Mills is likely to head to the NFL.
Even if he didnt, a full schedule would still demand a second back that is of his caliber or better.
I want an Ahman Green type back from the transfer portal, if there is one to be had.
I looked and there are some 4 star and high 3 star backs but it is unknown to me whether they would fit in or be another Washington.

GBR

According to ESPN radio Wilson left Kentucky because they switched to more of a QB running offense.
Wilson wants to be in an offense that allows him to showcase his passing skills with hopes to move up to the next level.
That would seem to weigh against coming to Lincoln.

Given this information, I now have "questions" about Wilson's decision making skills. Dude's completion percentage has gotten worse every year he's been at Kentucky. This year he completed 62.3% of his passes for 1,194 yards (6.0 yards per completion), 7 TD and 4 INT. His best season was in 2018, when he threw for 1,889 yards 11 TD and 8 INT. So along with his completion percentage, his TD/INT ratio hasn't gotten better either.

Sorry Terry, but you're not playing QB in the NFL. Not even on a practice squad.

Last edited:
I think you all are missing the crying need for a big time RB.
I think Mills is likely to head to the NFL.
Even if he didnt, a full schedule would still demand a second back that is of his caliber or better.
I want an Ahman Green type back from the transfer portal, if there is one to be had.
I looked and there are some 4 star and high 3 star backs but it is unknown to me whether they would fit in or be another Washington.

GBR
The comment I responded to was about wide receivers. But yes, I get the concern at RB if Mills doesn’t return. I think we are looking at the transfer portal for an opportunity to add depth to the RB room. I also think Scott and Morris will be very good they are only true freshmen and Morris dealt with injury and COVID so he didn’t get to play this season. Thompkins can be all conference if he can ever stay healthy. That’s a big if unfortunately. I feel terrible for that kid. Johnson should add weight and be a solid option. And I expect to see McCaffrey used at RB some in 2021 as well. We’ll be fine at RB. But a high level transfer would be welcome, especially if Mills heads for the league.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back