• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfer portal Speculation

HuskerSuperGenius

Scout Team
5 Year Member
With Boe Wilson hitting the transfer portal, I started looking at the roster wondering who else might be thinking of going home.
I came up with these NONSENIOR players:
Keem Green: Did not see a lot time in defensive rotation after significant build up on arrival. South Carolina.
Jackson HannaH: A lot was expected from him as high school recruit but has been invisible in Lincoln which I am sure frustrates him. Tennessee.
Rahmir Johnson: Has seen the rock a fair amount but if you look at the Rutgers game as a template going forward, he is not the right fit. N.J.
Kurt Rafdahl: lost in the current glut of TE's, with three more highly talented players coming in Jan., he has to feel the need to go somewhere else where he might start day one, he is that talented. Indiana
Matt Sichtermann: Jr. with little playing time, Could he want to go back to Cincinnati and perhaps see the field there?
Kade Warner: Had a real slide this year from "Mr reliable" to not seeing the field at the end of the year due to his drops of important balls. Arizona, but could go to Dad's alma mater UNI?
Javin Wright: Big body DB from Arizona, little playing time behind classmates Farmer and NPG.

Others thoughts on these or others who might be transfer candidates, especially with large freshman class coming in January.

GBR

Last edited:
your present compelling data for each. you are correct in assuming that we will see more transfers, as will every school

I think Rafdahl stays, although that is only based on his playing time this year and not anything that might be going on with him or the coaches.
I think he's in a good spot with Vokolek to both get a lot of playing time and the TEs started to see more targets this year. I would be surprised if he is supplanted on the depth chart by a true freshman, regardless of star rankings. The incoming TEs are good, but I'm not really expecting any of them to be a regular until year 2 in the program and beyond. Lots of talented youngsters have just been "not quite ready" or so we are told. A few exceptions on the o-line, though.

I think Rafdahl stays, although that is only based on his playing time this year and not anything that might be going on with him or the coaches.
I think he's in a good spot with Vokolek to both get a lot of playing time and the TEs started to see more targets this year. I would be surprised if he is supplanted on the depth chart by a true freshman, regardless of star rankings. The incoming TEs are good, but I'm not really expecting any of them to be a regular until year 2 in the program and beyond. Lots of talented youngsters have just been "not quite ready" or so we are told. A few exceptions on the o-line, though.
Fidone is truly different. I don’t typically predict much time for freshman, but there are few like him in the entire country, regardless of age or experience. It will be a failure if he doesn’t play significant minutes.

Wright is someone I think we are counting on if he can get and stay healthy.

I'd think Rahmir would want to see where he stands after spring ball. We aren't deep at linebacker so I'd put Hannah in pretty much the same category.

Warner could get back on the field as a complimentary receiver if we get some development from other guys. He's just not cut out to be the primarily guy.

Last edited:

Fidone is truly different. I don’t typically predict much time for freshman, but there are few like him in the entire country, regardless of age or experience. It will be a failure if he doesn’t play significant minutes.
Well, media hype would agree.

I agree Fidone is very talented, but it is never a failure if a freshman needs a year or two to really learn the system. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he plays in four games and redshirts.

I agree Fidone is very talented, but it is never a failure if a freshman needs a year or two to really learn the system. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he plays in four games and redshirts.
Under normal circumstances I would completely agree with you. But given our offensive struggles (to put it kindly) if the staff doesn’t get this kid ready to contribute next season then the pitchfork crew will be marching outside of Memorial by week two. There’s just too much going against this staff and the football program to fail to get this talent on the field next season. I don’t normally make those kind of statements, but I really think it’s true under the circumstances.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back