• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfer portal Speculation

Has anyone noticed after watching last weeks two playoff games how much better each of those teams are at tackling? In particular look at Alabama. You don't see their players just "throwing themselves at a runner or receiver", they wrap them up and take them down. All four of those teams show the basic tackling skills over and over. Our teams for years now have never been even been mediocre at tackling. I don't know if they are being coached that way or are just lazy from bad habits learned in HS and never corrected. I would love to watch a few practices at Alabama and see how they teach. Maybe send the film to HCSF and crew.

Has anyone noticed after watching last weeks two playoff games how much better each of those teams are at tackling? In particular look at Alabama. You don't see their players just "throwing themselves at a runner or receiver", they wrap them up and take them down. All four of those teams show the basic tackling skills over and over. Our teams for years now have never been even been mediocre at tackling. I don't know if they are being coached that way or are just lazy from bad habits learned in HS and never corrected. I would love to watch a few practices at Alabama and see how they teach. Maybe send the film to HCSF and crew.
We’re off topic but...
The Riley defense was filled with poor tackling. Since Frost has arrived tackling has improved greatly. This season our front seven was really good at tackling. Our DBs were fair overall. Sometimes they would lose technique while trying to make a big hit, especially Williams. But overall they were pretty solid for DBs.

We’re off topic but...
The Riley defense was filled with poor tackling. Since Frost has arrived tackling has improved greatly. This season our front seven was really good at tackling. Our DBs were fair overall. Sometimes they would lose technique while trying to make a big hit, especially Williams. But overall they were pretty solid for DBs.
Belongs in hot topics? :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back