• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfer Portal Part 2

lol. I get that. Bookie's name always gets a reaction from Husker fans. To be fair, he has started 30+ games as a Sooner. But you're right, he definitely never lived up to his five-star status as a recruit. He never got over his physical shortcomings and those have really limited him as a college player.

So if he was a 5 star, how did he get that rating if he had physical shortcomings? Do you mean size or do you mean he doesn't play physical?

P J FLUCKER had a "boat trip" in Minnyhaha a few months ago! We need to sign more Polynesians and have a promo on the lake west of Lincoln with hulu dancers; fire dancers; and Polynesian food. Instead of yoga, HCSF needs the players to learn how to hula and do it everyday! Anyone named, "To' o To'o needs to BE IN!! Can you imagine "Refrigerator Perry" doing the hula!?
I looked there is a lot of shows on Hulu about dancing.

Just started following a couple on twitter it appears. One is the Penn State transfer but Wan'Dale is also trying to get him to Kentucky which is interesting.

Again, it's going to be tough because a lot of these dudes are leaving situations where they are a backup because they want to go start somewhere.
MATH: 85 scholarships at 130 schools less 25 incoming freshmen (max) = 7800 non-freshmen scholarships, 1400 players in transfer portal? That's 10.7 scholarships per school that would have to be open for every transfer to find a place (not counting Div2 players like Kolarevic and Tour'e).

There are 130 starting QB's in Div1, ALL of them can come back next year. The only ones that won't are seniors anxious to get working or on with post-grad studies, players with career ending injuries, those that no longer care, or those entering the NFL draft. Odds of going from non-starter to starter seem especially low this year.

MATH: 85 scholarships at 130 schools less 25 incoming freshmen (max) = 7800 non-freshmen scholarships, 1400 players in transfer portal? That's 10.7 scholarships per school that would have to be open for every transfer to find a place (not counting Div2 players like Kolarevic and Tour'e).

There are 130 starting QB's in Div1, ALL of them can come back next year. The only ones that won't are seniors anxious to get working or on with post-grad studies, players with career ending injuries, those that no longer care, or those entering the NFL draft. Odds of going from non-starter to starter seem especially low this year.
Probably true. But Kentucky loses their QB which is probably why Wan'Dale transferred, I believe Northwestern lost theirs, Fields took off. Illinois has a new staff and will probably be looking. This transfer portal year gonna be weird.

The problem the transfers are going to run into is most teams are likely to have room for less than 5 initial enrollees after they sign their freshman class. A lot of players are going to either have to drop a level or walk on for a year to find a place to play.

The problem the transfers are going to run into is most teams are likely to have room for less than 5 initial enrollees after they sign their freshman class. A lot of players are going to either have to drop a level or walk on for a year to find a place to play.
I hope that slows down the portal a bit. I also know a few P5 coaches that unless someone has on the field documented success (say Marcus Fleming) they are going to error on the side of finding a high school recruit.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back