• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfer G Brice Williams (Charlotte) is N

Charlotte guard transfer Brice Williams commits to Nebraska

It’s no secret that one thing Nebraska head coach Fred Hoiberg covets as much as anything in a player is versatility.

The Huskers landed a commitment from Charlotte guard transfer Brice Williams on Wednesday, and he fits that mold to a T.

The 6-foot-7, 215-pound native of Huntersville, N.C., was second-team All-Conference USA and named MVP of the CBI this past season as a redshirt junior...... He will have two seasons of eligibility remaining.

Also like. Efficient scorer who can defer.

Damn good day for Fred and the program. We still need help though. Still need production and defense. Don’t know what we have in Lloyd yet, he might be part of the puzzle.

Here is Jacob Padilla's film study of Brice Williams (with video clips for illustration) in Hail Varsity.

Nebraska needed a bucket-getter with its two main playmakers in Sam Griesel and Derrick Walker exhausting their eligibility, and that’s what Fred Hoiberg found in Charlotte transfer Brice Williams, who announced his commitment on April 12.

The 6-foot-7, 215-pound wing led the 49ers with 13.8 points per game on 47.9% shooting including 39.7% from 3 this past season. Diving even deeper with the help of Synergy Sports, Williams scored 1.053 points per possession (PPP), which is ranked in the 89th percentile and considered “excellent.”

The strength of Williams’ game is his jump shot, though he’s a very well-rounded scorer. On catch-and-shoot jumpers, Williams shot 36.9% with all but three of his attempts coming from deep, scoring 1.10 PPP (68th percentile, “very good”). On unguarded catch-and-shoot opportunities, he shot 43.1% and scored 1.27 PPP (73rd percentile, “very good”). That percentage dropped to 32.4% on guarded jumpers, though his 0.97 PPP is ranked in the 56th percentile and considered “good.”

I think that's "improvement over last years roster", not total quality. It's kind of subjective, but Nebraska's toughness at the end of last year was also subjective so we'll just have to see.

I saw it on TV, and it said transfer portal rankings, but I can't find it now, so I can't be 100% sure.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back