• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tournament Brackets

Looking at the last AVCA poll, the rankings, and the tournament seedlings, were pretty accurate. And yes, pulling for a Louisville and SD final. Surprising a woman coached team has never won it all.

1Texas (58)159422-11
2Wisconsin (3)148725-33
3San Diego (2)147627-12
4Louisville (1)144126-24
5Stanford133724-46
6Pittsburgh125227-37
7Nebraska118924-55
8Minnesota117420-89
9Oregon100323-510
10Ohio State98519-98
11Penn State93624-711
12Florida90923-512

I fell asleep and missed the end of the San Diego match. Glad they won. Never before scenery for that program and that's awesome. Would love to see a San Diego versus Louisville final.

It is Texas and Louisville. Akana and Caffee against Busboom-Kelly.

Dani Busboom Kelly: "I saw a quote.. 'Nebraska doesn't forget their own'... I will be really surprised if any Nebraskans are cheering for Texas on Saturday."

Last edited:
It is Texas and Louisville. Akana and Caffee against Busboom-Kelly.

Dani Busboom Kelly: "I saw a quote.. 'Nebraska doesn't forget their own'... I will be really surprised if any Nebraskans are cheering for Texas on Saturday."
The dislike of the evil empire runs deep in these parts...

I will be there tonight to witness history...Tonight is the 'Ville's night. This is their time. They will play great tonight. Good luck Cardinals...go take what's yours tonight.

Not sure others are giving them much of a chance. No one gave us much of a chance, really, in last year's regional final either.

Gonna be just like a home match for the 'Ville tonight, just a whole lot more folks wearing red and screaming for them.

How did two players that were on the Husker squad both end up at Texas? It sounds like Caffey got pushed out due to eligibility.

I know Cooks a great coach, but it’s weird to go have two former players win a natty while you get dropped in the sweet 16.

Well that was disappointing and how wrong was I...damn...I saw my first home NU match ever this year, watched a bunch of matches on TV, and then there was last night. I witnessed why Texas was the favorite all year. No clue how ISU beat this team. Neither Stanford nor Wisconsin would have beaten Texas last night. I hate, hate, hate it, but they were so good last night. So much talent and they were low-error. Makes me puke in my mouth a little to say such things.

On to next year now. With the portal and NIL, it's gonna be a wild and strange ride I think.

Last edited:
How did two players that were on the Husker squad both end up at Texas? It sounds like Caffey got pushed out due to eligibility.

I know Cooks a great coach, but it’s weird to go have two former players win a natty while you get dropped in the sweet 16.
Texas had 5 leave through the portal and brought in 6 transfers and 5 recruits for 11 new players. Akana and Caffee were role players on that team. NIL let’s them have lots of support players not on scholarship. Look for them to do the same this next year.
Wisconsin reloaded through the portal. We took Hord, who was an upgrade from Caffee. Ohio State has already lost 4 top performers from an Elite 8 team this year. Wild and strange times for sure.

Texas had 5 leave through the portal and brought in 6 transfers and 5 recruits for 11 new players. Akana and Caffee were role players on that team. NIL let’s them have lots of support players not on scholarship. Look for them to do the same this next year.
Wisconsin reloaded through the portal. We took Hord, who was an upgrade from Caffee. Ohio State has already lost 4 top performers from an Elite 8 team this year. Wild and strange times for sure.
I know a little about Caffee's deal. What about Akana?

She played here. Seemed like she had a future. Did she get bumped for somebody else?

I know a little about Caffee's deal. What about Akana?

She played here. Seemed like she had a future. Did she get bumped for somebody else?
Hard to know. Originally Hames was going to be a DS this year, and with Kenzi, Hames, and LRod, maybe she thought she would play less? Or maybe she knew some of the Texas players? We did miss her serving this year.
So far Cook has had fewer leave by the portal than most. But some may just like a scenery change, or have better NIL opportunities.

Hard to know. Originally Hames was going to be a DS this year, and with Kenzi, Hames, and LRod, maybe she thought she would play less? Or maybe she knew some of the Texas players? We did miss her serving this year.
So far Cook has had fewer leave by the portal than most. But some may just like a scenery change, or have better NIL opportunities.
I thought I read that she wants to be a libero. Will see if that happens for her now. The portal "master" may have different plans.

The evidence is accumulating evolving changes in the NCAA WVB scene and student athletes in general are going to increase challenges for Nebraska. We have some advantages, but they are diminishing over time. Coach Cook has his work cut out and while we can criticize, I appreciate his willingness to experiment and adapt. Room for error is narrowing in the competitive environment we'll see in the future. I do believe we will do better giving some slack rather than bearing down. That hasn't achieved much in our football program for the last quarter century.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back