• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Toughest Huskers

A lot of QBs try to slide when they're about to get hit. See Taylor Martinez if you wanna look at some ugly slides.

But Lord would lower his shoulder like he was gonna tackle the defender. That guy ran with some intensity.

Wow, not only did Lord have a mediocre O-line, I forgot how often they made those guys wear the surrender unis that year. It's no wonder we lost more games. What the heck was Pederson thinking?

Knew his brother. Talked about him now and then. Was a fellow athletic director.

I am curious about where you knew him from because they were Michigan kids. A fellow I coach with played for Ed in high school at Saginaw Arthur Hill in the mid-70's (he was an assistant). That team was unbeaten and un-scored upon in Michigan's highest classification. Anyway, my friend mouthed off a little bit to Ed during a game so Periard made him go find his parents in the stands, get in front of them on the sideline, take off his helmet and get down on the ground and blow bubbles into a puddle of water (it was a rain game). This was the old days so after the game my friend's dad asked him what the heck he did to tick off the coaches and he will dole out his additional punishment for home once he hears the answer! That would never happen today...

Last edited:
This is a subject that needs to be split into position categories.
QB - Lord, Crouch, Berringer
RB - Kinney, Tony Davis, Lawrence Phillips, Ozigbo, Rozier
FB - Andra Franklin, Cory Schlesinger
WR - Kenny Bell
TE - Junior Miller
OL - Rimington, Steinkuhler, The Wiegert's, The Zatechka's

DL - Rich Glover, Meylan, Suh, Ken Geddes, Periard
LB - Murtaugh, The Ruud's
DB - Minter, Mike Brown, Fabian Washington

I am missing so many names from my 50+ years of being a Husker football fan. I didn't even put names in for Special Teams and they definitely deserve recognition.

Please fill in all of the names I forgot.

This is a subject that needs to be split into position categories.
QB - Lord, Crouch, Berringer
RB - Kinney, Tony Davis, Lawrence Phillips, Ozigbo, Rozier
FB - Andra Franklin, Cory Schlesinger
WR - Kenny Bell
TE - Junior Miller
OL - Rimington, Steinkuhler, The Wiegert's, The Zatechka's

DL - Rich Glover, Meylan, Suh, Ken Geddes, Periard
LB - Murtaugh, The Ruud's
DB - Minter, Mike Brown, Fabian Washington

I am missing so many names from my 50+ years of being a Husker football fan. I didn't even put names in for Special Teams and they definitely deserve recognition.

Please fill in all of the names I forgot.
Marc Munford, Kevin Raemakers, Steve Damkroger

Also, Kicker = Kevin Seibel The dude used to hit like a LB while covering his own kicks.

Also, in case you missed it earlier, The Original Bullet-Head: Lance Gray. Anybody who watched him play understands why he doesn't need an argument.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back