• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

tOSU vs Illinois

Probably scared of the Illni after watching what they did to the Huskers last week :p JUST KIDDING it sucks to hear but better safe than sorry in 2020

Last edited:

This is interesting.

That's Ohio State's second cancelled game. One more, and they are ineligible for the Big Ten championship game, which would also possibly prevent OSU from competing in the college football playoff.

This is interesting.

That's Ohio State's second cancelled game. One more, and they are ineligible for the Big Ten championship game, which would also possibly prevent OSU from competing in the college football playoff.

I think the Big Ten will do whatever they have to in order to make sure Ohio State can make it to the championship game. They will come up with some kind of justification later. (Hey, we just discovered new scientific research that shows COVID-19 isn't an issue for teams who only play 5 league games, therefore OSU can play in the championship no matter how many games they play or don't play. It's a Christmas miracle!) It will be something like that.

Not an issue at the moment from a B1G Ten perspective (see exception below). IMO, fewer games could be problematic with the CFP Committee if a 1 loss team (say, ND, Clemson, Florida or Alabama) has 9 or 10 wins.

Per the B1G Ten:

"A team must play at least six games to be considered for participation in the championship game. However, if the average number of conference games played by all teams falls below six, with the average rounded up/down at .50 (i.e. 6.50 or greater would round up to 7, 6.49 or less would round down to 6), then teams must play no less than two fewer conference games than the average number of conference games played by all teams (i.e. four games played if the conference average is six) to be considered."

Big Ten Conference

Not counting games this week (Fri/Sat), there have been 62 games, so the average games played thus far is 4.4286 (62/14). Who knows how many other games not involving Ohio State will be cancelled, as that will affect the average.

Any players unable to play this week will be unable to play next week too. Wisconsin lost two games when they had positive players, the same should be true with Ohio State now.

I don't want to start a new thread. Northwestern game is about 3 minutes away from losing.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back