• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Top Quality Assistant Coaches Who Got Away

Funny thing about Steele. He came really close to getting canned, damn near lost the entire LB room, and but for TO being TO, he probably ain't remotely close to the top of the list of ''top quality assistants'.
He is fairly well thought of as a top recruiter, right?

Kevin Cosgrove
no-bro-memes.jpg

Ron Brown.

Coached the most tenacious WR blocking you could ever ask for during the Osborne years, along with some of the greatest tight ends in Husker history.

After being away during the Callahan years, he returned to coach tight ends like Mike McNeil, Dreu Young, Ben Cotton, Jake Long, and Kyler Reed.

Then he switched to coaching running backs and developed Rex Burkhead, Ameer Abdullah, Imani Cross, and Terrell Newby.

Alas, he was let go when Riley brought his guys to Lincoln. Reggie Davis, Brown's replacement, never had a 1000 yard rusher in his 3 seasons.

Ron Brown.

Coached the most tenacious WR blocking you could ever ask for during the Osborne years, along with some of the greatest tight ends in Husker history.

After being away during the Callahan years, he returned to coach tight ends like Mike McNeil, Dreu Young, Ben Cotton, Jake Long, and Kyler Reed.

Then he switched to coaching running backs and developed Rex Burkhead, Ameer Abdullah, Imani Cross, and Terrell Newby.

Alas, he was let go when Riley brought his guys to Lincoln. Reggie Davis, Brown's replacement, never had a 1000 yard rusher in his 3 seasons.
Does Ron Brown count as "getting away" when he's still coaching for Nebraska? I see him every game following Frost onto the field to pump kids up or let them know what they were supposed to do.

Does Ron Brown count as "getting away" when he's still coaching for Nebraska? I see him every game following Frost onto the field to pump kids up or let them know what they were supposed to do.
He's in the athletics department, but he's not a coach. Also, we let him get away in 2004, then again in 2015.

Steele had an NFL gig planned if I remember...no chance. UN was his stop-over. Although the years are eating away at my recollections.
always thought highly of marvin sanders...go chanticleers?
I think Steele was wanting to come
In with pelini but pelini turned him down or didn’t even offer. I could be wrong though that’s been awhile ago

He's in the athletics department, but he's not a coach. Also, we let him get away in 2004, then again in 2015.
I don’t think it was let him get away but more he was pushed to move on cause of somethings that happened or that he did.

I will throw one out there:

Rich Fisher

Thought he did an admirable job with WRs when he was here. Being he was a golf instructor or something when he was hired.

Totally underrated. Wide receivers haven’t been better before and certainly not after he left.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back