• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Top Quality Assistant Coaches Who Got Away

Interesting that removing Troy Walters was seen as essential, yet he was just promoted to a Receiver’s Coach for the Bengals. Although the Bengals, it’s still a valid NFL promotion, for someone Frost cut loose.
Wonder is Walters was a scapegoat....

Interesting that removing Troy Walters was seen as essential, yet he was just promoted to a Receiver’s Coach for the Bengals. Although the Bengals, it’s still a valid NFL promotion, for someone Frost cut loose.
Considering that our offense is the worst it's been this century after removing him, and we are about to lose our best WR for the second year in a row to the portal, I don't think it's a Troy Walters issue. That said, I have some things I wasn't pleased with about him, but there's more going on at this point. Just have to remedy them.

Wonder is Walters was a scapegoat....
Depends which side of the fence you are on. He definitely had issues that weren't helping, and Frost needed to do something to make it seem like we were fixing an issue. So from that standpoint, no. But our 2020 results make you look at things and see that there were obviously problems other than him, so from that view, yes he was.

He was a yeller, screamer, and a cusser at the kids (well I guess Mcbride might have had colorful language too.) T.O. would look the other way and let them do their own thing. But, again I may be foggy, but I think one thing that Steele did more then anything was introduce the zone blitz to Mcbride. Yes, after 95 Steele left, but I believe he had a connection to Dom Capers (the man who bought him to the NFL after the Fiesta). Capers was the architect of the zone blitz (I think) and Steele showed it to charlie. Also, again on long ago memories, when Steele announced his leaving-I think Charlie offered to step aside (switch places) to keep him there.
Yes, I remember of the LB room turmoil. think he had to eat some crow on that to his players.
Has some elite abilities, also bounces around from job to job frequently and rubs a number of people the wrong way. He'd improve a position group if he came here, and probably wear out his welcome or find greener pastures within 2-3 years.

Ron Brown.

Coached the most tenacious WR blocking you could ever ask for during the Osborne years, along with some of the greatest tight ends in Husker history.

After being away during the Callahan years, he returned to coach tight ends like Mike McNeil, Dreu Young, Ben Cotton, Jake Long, and Kyler Reed.

Then he switched to coaching running backs and developed Rex Burkhead, Ameer Abdullah, Imani Cross, and Terrell Newby.

Alas, he was let go when Riley brought his guys to Lincoln. Reggie Davis, Brown's replacement, never had a 1000 yard rusher in his 3 seasons.
100%. His position groups have always been a strength of the team.

Depends which side of the fence you are on. He definitely had issues that weren't helping, and Frost needed to do something to make it seem like we were fixing an issue. So from that standpoint, no. But our 2020 results make you look at things and see that there were obviously problems other than him, so from that view, yes he was.
Are we able to pinpoint what these issues are? Is Wandale possibly leaving a Frost personality issue or a Wandale just not being happy issue? As you keep saying. I’m tired of losing and until lately I’ve been all aboard Frost but the short offseason has me considering possible replacements. Which I never thought I’d say. Still hoping for the best with Frost. Need to have a big year.

If we do indeed move on I just know that Frost will land as an OC somewhere for a few years or a lower school, turn it around and have massive success and end up at friggin Florida or something. Which would give me heartburn for eternity.

Are we able to pinpoint what these issues are? Is Wandale possibly leaving a Frost personality issue or a Wandale just not being happy issue? As you keep saying. I’m tired of losing and until lately I’ve been all aboard Frost but the short offseason has me considering possible replacements. Which I never thought I’d say. Still hoping for the best with Frost. Need to have a big year.

If we do indeed move on I just know that Frost will land as an OC somewhere for a few years or a lower school, turn it around and have massive success and end up at friggin Florida or something. Which would give me heartburn for eternity.
Wandale loves Frost and I don't think he has any bad feelings towards Nebraska. Heck, he couldn't even meet with Frost this past Friday it hurt him so much. The problem is how we used him this year and our results didn't sit well with some people. Again, he's such a good kid he will just say he wanted to get closer to home and his support system.

We aren't moving on from Frost, nor should we yet. But we need to figure out our issue in a hurry.

Aren't most coaching/system changes of note made/announced by now?

Unless of course we are waiting until after the game tonight due to who we will be bringing in.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back