• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Top In-State Recruit Shuns Nebraska

Not defending MA. What is Servais's excuse? Dude has the bell cow / holy grail of college ball parks to offer, obviously the league was not the issue.

Probably 10's of thousands of dollars in tuition that Creighton costs over Wichita State.

HUSKER 4 EVER, NU is willing to spend money, Anderson is making 330k per year guaranteed (with camps and endorsements over 400k), and Bingham is making 120k/year guaranteed, and Newman is making 110k/year guaranteed. Thats over 600k a year, making this staff easily one of the highest paid in the nation.

NU could actually cut the head baseball coaches salary and still have it be a very attractive job financially.

Bob Herold at UNO is a coach will pro baseball contacts, who I wouldn't mind seeing in Lincoln (although he is prolly 5 or 6 on my wish list). He's a lot like Ed Servais at Creighton: a no nonsense baseball guy who focuses on the fundamentals. No bu!!crap when it comes to Bob Herold.

Actually, after firing MA Tom should NOT "spend the money". The Big 10 is the baseball equivalent of the Summit League in basketball. Save the money...spend it on other sports.

I know they have been spending mobey, my point is simply this we have 2 paths we can take as a program. Yes we could probably almost cut the salaries in half, hire a coach as be good in the Big 10 because of how poor a baseball conference it is. We possibly could make the NCAAs most years and then get our backends handed to us in the regionals. Personally I do not want to just compete in the Big 10. I want Nu to be in contention for hosting regionals and super regionals again. So how are we going to get the top recruits to come to NU and play in a Summit like baseball league? It will not be the because of the competition they will face or because we have nice facilities...if it was abut facilities then those players would be here dispite MA. (Some BB posters should also take note of that last part) So we need a different attraction such as a proven Minor League coach. Someone a HS recruit can br;irvr will teach them he skills to get a chance at the majors. That will take $$. Now I do not know how a D1 program compares to a AA or AA minor league team in terms of pay, but since they conference is a joke in BB we need more than facilites to bring in the recruits we need to get back to Omaha someday.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back