• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

Top 50 OC of 2021!

MHKHusker

The Steph Curry of the Kansas State Rec
2 Year Member
The 380 yards per game would be a significant drop off from what Nebraska produced this season.

In fact, Pitt's offense ranked below Nebraska's in both 2019 and 2020.

380 YPG is a very average offense these days.
They also ranked outside the top 40 in recruiting in 2018, 2019, and 2020. This last year was their first one within the top 40, so I think that has something to do with it. I think he can do much more with the talent we have than he could his first couple seasons at Pitt

MHKHusker

The Steph Curry of the Kansas State Rec
2 Year Member
And not as good as others claim. It’s definitely somewhere in the middle. He’s not in the top ten quarterbacks of his class but he’s not hot garbage either. He’s a ver above average quarterback and a excellent athlete.
Yup, I think he balls out at K-State, and I'm the biggest K-State disliker I know lol

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
They also ranked outside the top 40 in recruiting in 2018, 2019, and 2020. This last year was their first one within the top 40, so I think that has something to do with it. I think he can do much more with the talent we have than he could his first couple seasons at Pitt

I think we should improve just by getting Frost's hands as much away from the offense as possible, which has really been his offense and his play calling for the past four years. I mean, if you bring Whipple aboard and Frost still has just as much influence as before, nothing will change.

Yes, Pitt doesn't typically recruit as well as Nebraska. Of course, Pitt also plays in a conference that generally doesn't have the same level of defenses that the Big Ten does.

I'm not sure that Whipple is going to be good. Especially in year one (which is all that matters). But I do think distancing Frost from the offense should have at least some benefit.

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
And not as good as others claim. It’s definitely somewhere in the middle. He’s not in the top ten quarterbacks of his class but he’s not hot garbage either. He’s a ver above average quarterback and a excellent athlete.

He has a fairly high ceiling, but he also has a low floor.

It may be that if Martinez is coached well, he can become a better QB with less mental error.

Frosty1980

Go Big Red!
2 Year Member
Yup, I think he balls out at K-State, and I'm the biggest K-State disliker I know lol
For him I hope you’re right. I’ve never disliked the person just the player. Sometimes I think there is a group of people on here that don’t understand that. I’m not including you in that group. I think he deserved a lot of the criticism but I also think the whole offense deserves it with him.

Frosty1980

Go Big Red!
2 Year Member
Yet look at the difference in records
He’s not wrong though that 380 yards is average these days. Sometimes I think people don’t realize how much the game has changed. Even Alabama took most snaps out of the shotgun including running plays. I bet that makes people’s heads explode. Just a different game. I know you already know this.

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
As so many have pointed out this year, yards are next to meaningless. I'll take Pitt's ppg and w/l total.

We aren't hiring Pitt's entire staff, so the W-L total doesn't mean anything to me (also, the ACC as a whole is not as competitive as the Big Ten).

As you mentioned PItt's PPG ... in 2019 they ranked 106 nationally in scoring offense (Whipple's first season at PItt).

What we want is Pitt's production from year three of Whipple. Year one and two were not that impressive. It's really anyone's guess how quickly we can start clicking. It needs to click in 2022, and that's TBD.

Last edited: