• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Top 5 Husker Heisman Snubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gill snub? No. Rozier was the clear choice.

Frazier? Sure.

Suh? Absolutely. Proves that it's not about the best player.

Green? Maybe.

Phillips? No. Any RB that goes for 2,000 yards is going to be hard to beat.

Gill snub? No. Rozier was the clear choice.

Frazier? Sure.

Suh? Absolutely. Proves that it's not about the best player.

Green? Maybe.

Phillips? No. Any RB that goes for 2,000 yards is going to be hard to beat.

i remember a rb from the B12? maybe B8...had two seasons in a row for over 2,000 yd and did sniff the heisman possibles.

I was assigned this article from Bleacher Report. It was hard to come up with five. Tommie Frazier, Turner Gill, and Ndamukong Suh had to be on the list. I could have found players more deserving if I would have picked players before the 1980 season, but I didn't want to have players on the list that the majority of readers have not heard of. Thanks for taking the time to read the article!

If Davis was 2" taller, he could have had a nice career in the NFL. The Reggie Busch, Darren Sproles backs were not as popular back then.

Thanks for writing in my opinion good choices and
Tommy Frazier not winning the Heisman was the biggest snub ever in the Heisman.

Fraizer not wing was beyond a snub.. it made the voters look down right stupid and even tarnished the trophy itself... of course that is only my humble opinion.

Suh and Frazier are the two real snubs. Other than that, I understand why it went the way it did. But Suh and Frazier should be Heisman™ winners dadgummit.

Tommie Fraizer and Ndamukong Suh got screwed beyong belief... Tommie was the best college QB ever and Suh was the best d tackle ever

I always thought that Nebraska was robbed of a Heisman (Eddie George over Tommie Frazier in 1995) and got one they should not have (Eric Crouch over Rex Grossman in 2001). Ndamukong Suh was clearly the best player in 2009, but like other great defensive lineman (Steve Emtman, Washington in 1991 and Warren Sapp, Miami in 1994) they get no consideration. Those three guys were clearly the best players in college football those years and should have walked away with the Heisman.

It's a stats trophy...which explains why Frazier didn't win it. And in hindsight I can think of at least a handful of NU QBs that go undefeated that season with that team. Doesn't mean Tommie wasn't great. That team was just that good. I don't know if people got it at the time but if they did maybe that hurt him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back