• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Top 3 NU plays you've seen in person

1. Stuntz to Crouch vs. OU
2. Henery 57 yarder vs. CU
3. Rozier reverse field TD vs. UCLA.

(If OP would have said "Top 6" I would probably add Kellogg to Westerkamp hail mary, the Bounceroosky, and Jeff Hanson's hit on Sims and Jim Pillen's fumble recovery securing the win against OU in '78.)

Last edited:

1. Eric Crouch running over the Iowa DB for a touchdown.
2. Will Compton interception return for a TD in Capital One Bowl vs. Georgia.

3. Ahman Green’s first start vs. Missouri in 1995.

If I have to round out my top5

4. The block by K.Bell to spring J.Turner free vs Wisconsin
5. The stop of Blain Gabbert at the 1 yard line in '10

1. Rozier’s reverse run vs UCLA
2. Josh Brown’s game winning FG at the gun vs sCUm in 2000. The look of disgust on Gary Barnett’s face after that kick still warms my heart
3. Stuntz to Crouch—although this was has an *. My son and I actually watched that game from Buck Beltzer field. Tostitos sponsored a fan event before the game. They had a big screen TV on the field. We didn’t have tickets. So we laid on the Astro turf and watched the network feed from NYC. There was about a 7-10 second delay, so we heard the roar from the stadium, and knew that a big play was about to happen. One of the great father-son moments of my parenting career. With 5 minutes to go, they open the gates and we watched the last few plays from field level.

I guess this dates me.
1. The Johnny Rogers punt return against Oklahoma in 1971.
2. The Jerry Tagge 4th quarter stretch for a touchdown against LSU in the 1971 Orange Bowl.
3. Fourth Quarter come from behind touchdown by Bob Churchich against Colorado in 1966.

There are others I am sure, but these are ones I actually saw and come to mind immediately. I attended every home game and almost every away game from 1964 through 1975 when work took me out of state. I have only attended three Husker games since then; two loses to Oklahoma and a win against Clemson.

1. Sylvester Shonkla's 80 yd TD run against Kearney State.
2. Westerkamp hail mary.
3. Henry 57 yd FG.

I was poor & couldn't go to the big games so I only saw the NU routs which never had any big plays. BUT, I did see OU in '76 and '86 (the only Husker losses I've ever seen live) and I saw the original hook & ladder in '76 and I saw Keith Jackson kill us with 2 outstanding catches in '86.

Sad.

McCloughan against Mizzou in 1964. Huskers up 2-0 after an early safety. This catch and run (nice block by Larry Kramer)(and the official to keep QB Churchich on his feet) sealed it late. Kent M. has always been a favorite RB and DB of mine.

Crouch from Stultz 2002 as mentioned above

Helu against Mizzou as mentioned above

Opponent play: Sayers long TD run 1963 (99 yds after game was decided, but wow!).

Last edited:
McCloughan against Mizzou in 1964. Huskers up 2-0 after an early safety. This catch and run (nice block by Larry Kramer)(and the official to keep QB Churchich on his feet) sealed it late. Kent M. has always been a favorite RB and DB of mine.

Crouch from Stultz 2002 as mentioned above

Helu against Mizzou as mentioned above

Opponent play: Sayers long TD run 1963 (99 yds after game was decided, but wow!).

Thanks for sharing. Never seen that one before. I think the refs got the safety call wrong. The ball was outside the end zone

1. Stuntz to Crouch vs. OU
2. Henery 57 yarder vs. CU
3. Rozier reverse field TD vs. UCLA.

(If OP would have said "Top 6" I would probably add Kellogg to Westerkamp hail mary, the Bounceroosky, and Jeff Hanson's hit on Sims and Jim Pillen's fumble recovery securing the win against OU in '78.)
That’s a good list!

Top 3 NU plays you've seen in person

I myself have never seen any.

But I have a good friend that has spent time in Lincoln. His are:

The Taming of the Shrew
Death of a Salesman
Hair

For a breather:
BB-1964 or so, #1 Michigan comes to Lincoln, 4 secs to go in the game, NU is down by one. Fred Hare, an Omaha Tech guy, puts up one, clangs, he grabs his own rebound comes down with his back to the basket, he puts it up without looking, about 9 feet, buzzer goes off, nothing but net. Buntin an All American is laying on the court pounding with his fist. Cipriano was the coach. Totally awesome.
Best football plays, I was on the sideline for the OU game of the century. Whole bunch of plays, both sides in that game. Coach Devaney gave me his pass.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back