• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Top 3 NU plays you've seen in person

1. Bouncearooksy or however you spell it from Gill to Fryar to Krenk
2. Jim Pillen recovering Billy Sims' fumble on the three yard line in 1978....pretty much the reason I voted for Pillen to be on the Board of Regents
3. Oh, and I will also go with Ruud taking out Kelly Phelps in the same game....still say it was a fumble, and would have led to an ejection today

I can't remember the room numbers. They were across from the TV room and I was towards the elevators. 37 ago. :)

1- ‘01 - Stuntz to Crouch
2- ‘08 - Henery 57 yard field goal
3- ‘11- Jared Crick sack on Braxton Miller that changed the momentum in the OSU game and the biggest comeback in school history. And if memory serves, Jared Crick’s last play in a Husker uniform

Last edited:
Good ones! I witnessed both of those as well.

Another ... from my favorite game ever attended in-person ... and even though this play was wrongly overturned, it exemplified the fire NU played with that day. Best fan atmosphere ever!

[/QW
Good ones! I witnessed both of those as well.

Another ... from my favorite game ever attended in-person ... and even though this play was wrongly overturned, it exemplified the fire NU played with that day. Best fan atmosphere ever!

/QUOTE]

Wow, you're old. Were you that little kid that spilled a drink on my seat?[

Last edited:
Flea Kicker in Missouri, stuntz to Crouch against Oklahoma, Henry’s 57 yarder. Too many to choose from. These were some of my favorites.

Almost every thing on here, I've seen at least live on TV. That doesn't count here I know, so I am jealous of you seeing those games live in person.

I can't call this just one play, but we went to the Nebraska v Baylor game in 2001 when 4 Huskers rushed for over 100 yards that day...Thunder Collins had 13 rushes - 165 yards, Dehran(?) Diedrick 20 - 137, Eric Crouch 18 - 132, and Judd Davies 12 - 119. That was a crazy game in Waco. We had 641 yards rushing that day.

Last edited:
1. Frost's speech at the Orange Bowl after beating Tennessee (does that count? if not, then his final touchdown run where he put up his finger to say we're #1)
2. Any of Tommie Frazier's three long touchdown runs against West Virginia in 1994
3. Ralph Brown as a true freshman tipping away pass after pass in the pouring rain against Colorado in 1996

Sorry mine aren't as specific but those were the three things that immediately sprung to mind.

Last edited:

1. Crouch TD run at Mizzou for 95-ish yards (in the visitor section although living in Columbia)
2. Frost Era Consideration: Ozigbo getting the 1st down against MSU -- One of the most fun games I've attended; the 65K-ish fans who stuck it out were the diehards. No "sit down in front" kind of stuff -- just everyone totally invested. Screaming. All in. Cold. Windy. It was awesome. The kid I mention next is now a 10 year old Husker fan living in Missouri, but I wish I could post the video from the last play. I panned to her as she screamed, "WEEEE DID IIIIITTTTT!!!!"

(3. Not in-person but worth noting: Got out of the hospital with the newborn daughter mentioned above on Nov. 26, 2008. Two days later, the Alex Henery kick and Suh interception and touchdown. She was sleeping in her little pumpkin seat for most of the second half, I sat a few feet away with my neck craned watching the game on TV. I stood for the Henery kick and screamed silently for a few moments before my husband made enough eye contact to get me to stop so she would keep sleeping. The Suh interception was too much for silent screaming. :))

Last edited:

Ruud hit on Phelps.
Groce punt returns against Troy State.
Westercatch Hail Mary.
DPE's punt returns against Iowa.

There are so many good plays and memories through the years, good question and great answers.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back