• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Top 3 NU plays you've seen in person

1. The Stuntz to Crouch pass.
2. The Suh interception then subsequent destruction of Hawkins enroute to the Endzone.
3. The ridiculously long field goal that preceded #2.

2 and 3 for me as well, but in reverse order.

Struggling for a third, but it may have been Dan Alexander outrunning Ben Kelly at Folsom Field.

Good ones! I witnessed both of those as well.

Another ... from my favorite game ever attended in-person ... and even though this play was wrongly overturned, it exemplified the fire NU played with that day. Best fan atmosphere ever!

I wish I had been there for that one. I remember watching it on TV though. What a great game!

My top 2 in one game. Frazier run at the Fiesta and our (2nd) safety after they negated the one the play earlier. I've never seen a crowd so fired up after the 2nd safety because they were po'd about not getting the first.

1. childs or benning opening the game in 95 vs az state, with 65-70 yd td run on 1st play
2. ahman green doing the same to colorado, i think same year, 1st play of game.
3. dan alexander out running the colorado speedster ben kelly for 80 yd td, straight up the middle.

1. Tommie Frazier run for touchdown at the Fiesta, after everyone thought he was stopped.
2. Crouch catching the pass from Mike Stuntz versus OU. (Heisman catch!)
3. Cory Schlesinger scoring the go-ahead TD against Miami at the Orange Bowl.

Funny, can't remember why but I wasn't at #2, but I have 1 and 3 on my list as well, I'd sub Suh/Henry for your #2.

Really want to include Ron K. Chucking it down the field to beat NW, especially since I had a NW "friend" with me who literally couldn't say anything for about 15 minutes....priceless. And it was watching Ron face plant as he throws it, and then his crazy unbridled joy victory lap...

Funny, can't remember why but I wasn't at #2, but I have 1 and 3 on my list as well, I'd sub Suh/Henry for your #2.

Really want to include Ron K. Chucking it down the field to beat NW, especially since I had a NW "friend" with me who literally couldn't say anything for about 15 minutes....priceless. And it was watching Ron face plant as he throws it, and then his crazy unbridled joy victory lap...

Yes that one was really something. And I wish I had seen the Henery kick - a big moment on Husker lore.

Black flash 21 reverse( or whatever it was called)
Wasn’t a play but Roy helu’s Record setting day vs mizzou
Hail Mary vs N’westrn
Had tickets to the flee kicker game in mizzou but chose to deer hunt instead

I agree with all of the responses but the one run that started it all (for you old timers) was the 64 yard run by Dennis Claridge in the Orange Bowl (1963) I think.

Mine from non-Lincoln games...

1. Bobby Newcombe punt return @ Kansas
2. Tommy Armstrong 99 yard YOLO bomb to Enunwa in the Gator Bowl
3. Taylor Martinez 80 yard TD @ K State...

In person for me would include TMarts run against Wiscy in the B1G championship, as well as Kenny Bell's block in that game that was one of the most violent clean blocks I've ever seen.

Here's one. Could only find the video on this tweet. Is special to me because I have known Jim personally since before this game. My avatar pic was taken directly after the recovery.

Being that I live out of state, I haven't been to very many games so I don't have many to choose from. That said, my list is as follows:

1. Crouch 96 yd td in Mizzou
2. DeJuan Groce punt return in 2002 to keep us in the game vs TX (that game was soooo cold)
3. Randy Gregory laying that Illinois kid out on the interception

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back