• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Top 2025 QB Stone Saunders Announcing His School 4 August/5:25 CDT

Is Saunders five star talent?

Generally, there are around five QBs who are given five-star status in each cycle, give or take. I still want to see how kids do this upcoming year before I put my name on that.

But from the film I've seen thus far from him and several of the early top guys in his class, IMPO he's one of the top 10 guys in his class for sure. I wouldn't be shocked to see him hit that (five-star) status after his junior year. If he participates in the Under Armour and/or Rivals Camp Series, like most top guys do, I can see him get in that conversation this summer.

Top schools have as much defection as anyone. It's about opportunities to play even more so than current winning percentage.

You don't hesitate bringing in top talent as a coach. Ever. There isn't a situation when you don't. The more competition the better. Makes everyone better.
If only OSUs offense was more attuned like LSUs a few years back....

We could also simply stop being mediocre. Probably should recruit as well as we can just in case.
1680224673786.gif
1680224673786.gif

I think this all depends. The only dynamic recruiter HC we've had was BC who obviously was better suited for NFL and likely not HC as well.

Building wins likely builds better recruiting, theres just so much thats gone wrong, its hard to assess what it could look like if done right.
I don't know that BC was a dynamic recruiter. Blake was. To be honest I was glad we didn't get any violations with Blake.

Blake did a good job bringing in talent wherever he went

I don't know that BC was a dynamic recruiter. Blake was. To be honest I was glad we didn't get any violations with Blake.

Blake did a good job bringing in talent wherever he went
I'm reminded of Mike Rileys story when he was at USC when he had Tom Brady wanting to sign but the HC said nope,they had enough QBs.

Not expecting him to commit to Nebraska

The big thing is it is so early in the 2025 recruiting cycle that the Huskers will have 8-9 months to get a class QB

Last edited:
Not expecting him to commit to Nebraska

The big thing is it is so early in the 2025 recruiting cycle that the Huskers will have 8-9 months to get a class QB

If he is not at the BBQ, I doubt we get him.

Kentucky or Clemson bound?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back