• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Too Much Palmer?

skerBob

Just another unsuspecting mammal
5 Year Member
Man. Another BIG road game that got away from us. I have said before that our lack of a true big man will be the difference between this team being good and really good. I knew the Terps would win it in the paint if they won because they had success last year.

I also know the value of James Palmer being able to get to the basket and foul line but I think we may go to that well too often. It's not as if he's the only talented player on the team.

Maryland was doubling him when he tried to drive in the second half and we didn't have an answer. He was able to kick out to an open teammate a couple of times but that's not enough. What happened to the two man game?

I love this team and the way they play together. I would like to see more of that instead of so much Palmer playing one on five.

It's a team where individuals play in hot spurts it seems. And Palmer is usually on the longest hot streaks.

Man. Another BIG road game that got away from us. I have said before that our lack of a true big man will be the difference between this team being good and really good. I knew the Terps would win it in the paint if they won because they had success last year.

I also know the value of James Palmer being able to get to the basket and foul line but I think we may go to that well too often. It's not as if he's the only talented player on the team.

Maryland was doubling him when he tried to drive in the second half and we didn't have an answer. He was able to kick out to an open teammate a couple of times but that's not enough. What happened to the two man game?

I love this team and the way they play together. I would like to see more of that instead of so much Palmer playing one on five.
I'm with you on your post. Did see palmer make a couple of good passes when they were double teaming him. Wish he would've made a couple more. I'm sure they addressed that in practice. That being said we do need to have the ball in his hands. Copeland didnt seem to ge in his usual rythm .,thought that hurt us .But i absoluteley enjoy watching this team play, and these close losses will hopefully start turning into wins. What was surprising to me was the way maryland celebrated like they beat a top ten team. Guess were getting more respect now,which is nice. Need to beat iowa tommorrow and watch our players celebrate.

Good Palmer is good. Bad Palmer is bad. I wish he would put more energy into distributing the ball and rebounds when his shot isn't falling.

I'd like to see him drive and distribute more than jumping in there and flailing like a dead fish & attempting to draw a foul.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back