• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tony Butler leaving

huskerman1

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Tony Butler is leaving the program as a grad transfer and will be eligible to play immediately. Another schollie opens up.

Any player from the 2016 class who hasn’t made it onto the depth chart yet should be transferring if they still want to play football. Hopefully he finds somewhere that is a good fit that allows him to use his talent.

It's taking a bit of time, but Frost seems to be getting the flow of manipulating the roster to try and get the guys that will play and contribute. No different than Bama or Clemson or any other top program. With the transfer portal we really are close to true free agency in amateur athletics. Roster adjustment will be ever-changing!

It's taking a bit of time, but Frost seems to be getting the flow of manipulating the roster to try and get the guys that will play and contribute. No different than Bama or Clemson or any other top program. With the transfer portal we really are close to true free agency in amateur athletics. Roster adjustment will be ever-changing!
Riley was over for one or two years, but for the most part, we have been struggling to do what others do in this regard. Frost still has the luxury of being able to tell guys like Raridon, Jefferson, Butler, and others that were recruited by the previous staff it just isn't working out. This becomes a much tougher discussion with kids when you were the one that brought them in and promised certain things. I'm hoping this trend continues. Because I do see potential rough waters ahead with things like Ty Hahn getting his scholarship 2 years from now guaranteed.

Riley was over for one or two years, but for the most part, we have been struggling to do what others do in this regard. Frost still has the luxury of being able to tell guys like Raridon, Jefferson, Butler, and others that were recruited by the previous staff it just isn't working out. This becomes a much tougher discussion with kids when you were the one that brought them in and promised certain things. I'm hoping this trend continues. Because I do see potential rough waters ahead with things like Ty Hahn getting his scholarship 2 years from now guaranteed.

We have been told (read) over and over again that the SF staff doesn't make promises, only that players will be given a shot if they work hard. If SF brings in a guy who works hard and doesn't pan out, it shouldn't be all that tough to say "yes, you worked hard and we gave you a great chance, but is doesn't look good for your future playing time".

We have been told (read) over and over again that the SF staff doesn't make promises, only that players will be given a shot if they work hard. If SF brings in a guy who works hard and doesn't pan out, it shouldn't be all that tough to say "yes, you worked hard and we gave you a great chance, but is doesn't look good for your future playing time".
Well, Scott Frost does promise certain things.

With that said, I was more referring to you recruit a kid and tell him how well he will fit into your system. How much you need him. How much you are going to take care of him when he's away from his family. Having the conversation 2-3 years in that you were wrong and it's best to part ways when you had the conversation as opposed to saying "you just don't fit into our scheme" to someone not recruited by you is a lot tougher. I'm just interested to see if we keep doing it. Are we going to part ways with the guys "doing the right things" that Frost signed in 2018 and 2019 a couple years down the road that just aren't good enough to see the field? Time will tell.

Well, Scott Frost does promise certain things.

With that said, I was more referring to you recruit a kid and tell him how well he will fit into your system. How much you need him. How much you are going to take care of him when he's away from his family. Having the conversation 2-3 years in that you were wrong and it's best to part ways when you had the conversation as opposed to saying "you just don't fit into our scheme" to someone not recruited by you is a lot tougher. I'm just interested to see if we keep doing it. Are we going to part ways with the guys "doing the right things" that Frost signed in 2018 and 2019 a couple years down the road that just aren't good enough to see the field? Time will tell.
I would hate to have to make those calls and discussions as well. But maybe they aren't as difficult to have if you haven't seen the field in 3 years?

The problem is we are closer to a Wisconsin type program than a Clemson or Bama type program. They replace 4 and 5 stars that are ready made with 4 and 5 starts that are ready made. We rely on kids physically maturing and developing like Wisconsin does. Having a roster perpetually full of freshman and redshirt freshman isn't a good thing. It's still early though so we'll see of that changes as time goes on.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back