• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Tommy Frazier on the Tyler Moore situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyler if you happen to read this, JUST FORGET THE NEGATIVE STUFF. We know there may be issues, that we don't know about. I just hope you decide to say screw it, get me back to where I belong so I can place my mark in bringing the pipeline back to NU. Also that way my son can get your autograph when he goes to fan day next year. You are a bada$$ lineman and we need you clearing the path for the rb's.

Tyler if you happen to read this, JUST FORGET THE NEGATIVE STUFF. We know there may be issues, that we don't know about. I just hope you decide to say screw it, get me back to where I belong so I can place my mark in bringing the pipeline back to NU. Also that way my son can get your autograph when he goes to fan day next year. You are a bada$$ lineman and we need you clearing the path for the rb's.

I think in the end Tyler will be back and will help us win a championship.

How about the fact that Tyler Moore's situation is a lot more similar to what Tommy went through than is Carnes'. Tommy understands the pressure of playing in Nebraska as a freshman, not riding the bench for what looks like an entire career. Perhaps Tommy would have made a different decision if he was put in Carnes' situation. Thus, he has different opinions about the two players.

That being said, Tommy should just shut up. With Moore having an ex husker as a father, I'm sure his parents are saying and doing the right things. I'm sure he would love it if someone questioned his parenting skills.

How about the fact that Tyler Moore's situation is a lot more similar to what Tommy went through than is Carnes'. Tommy understands the pressure of playing in Nebraska as a freshman, not riding the bench for what looks like an entire career. Perhaps Tommy would have made a different decision if he was put in Carnes' situation. Thus, he has different opinions about the two players.

That being said, Tommy should just shut up. With Moore having an ex husker as a father, I'm sure his parents are saying and doing the right things. I'm sure he would love it if someone questioned his parenting skills.

What he said...

First, without adding a lot of language around the tweets, and that's impossible, I don't think TF could have made things crystal clear to everyone. That said, I agree with Utsker: TF thinks Carnes wasn't getting a fair shake and Moore certainly was. And if Moore is homesick, ladysick, whatever; going home ain't going to help and certainly doesn't led itself to a tough lineman image. Still, if Tyler wants his life situation to be different/better, make the change and make it better. But college is all about growing up and making your own decisions. I'm sorry if he's decided that some place else will get him there better than being in Lincoln but good luck and goodbye.

So Moore/Klachko/Green and Cotton/Brown: Cotton gets grief when two guys leave and Brown gets a walk because only one does? Hey, I'd like to see the pipeline back and maybe Cotton can get us there and maybe he can't but Green left because he "didn't get enough touches" but Moore/Klachko get laid at Cotton's feet? Not getting it, Guys. Kids leave because of a lot of reasons. Not getting along with their position coach is one. Not getting playing time is the other. The head coach decides the second, certainly with imput from the position coach, but it's the Head Coaches product on the field.

I agree with TF re:Carnes. I love BP and Martinez, but Carnes lack of PT in games that had been decided, is mystifying to me.

Every other position on the team is held to the highest standard, but not QB. TM has made terrible on field decisions, yet was allowed to continue to play. Other players (CB's) start one week, don't make the travel squad the next.

I don't think race has anything to do with TF's comments. We still aren't past race in this country?

Not that it makes any difference to the family, but I'd like Moore's mom to say to him, "Buck up Buttercup!"

Tommie is 100% correct...I remember sitting in my dorm room during my 2nd year in college football (at a small college mind you)...but I was homesick and miserable...but I stuck it out...and I'm so glad I did. Takes a lot of mental toughness to get through it, but I'm a better man for it. Hopefully Tyler comes back...but I'm guessing he probably won't be back. Once you leave, its way too easy stay away.

We must also take into account the different socio-economic status difference between Tommie and Moore. Tommie's mom couldn't afford to transport him back to FL and then feed him while he decided his future. Tyler's parents have the means to provide for him while he decides his future. Some people go to Europe backpacking to "find themselves." Others just pull on their cleats and keep going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back