• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Tommie Armstrong: 'Sea of Red,' fervor for football got senior's attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Great story.....glad to have him onboard...

“When I was in that stadium, I felt like I already had a jersey on,” Armstrong said. “The way they love football, it's just like Texas. I can't wait to represent the ‘N' that's on their helmets.”

He cited Nebraska's atmosphere and a close relationship with Huskers offensive coordinator Tim Beck as his main reasons for choosing the school.

"There's something about Nebraska,” Armstrong said. “Fans already knew who I was and what I've been doing. It really feels like the place I want to spend the next four or five years.”

Armstrong has passed for 372 yards with five touchdowns and no interceptions this season. He also has rushed for 337 yards and two TDs to help Steele, the fifth-ranked Class 5A team in the state, extend its winning streak to 17 games.

Last season, he threw for 1,343 yards with 19 TDs and two interceptions as the Knights won the Class 5A Division II state championship.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...rong-picks-Nebraska-2178946.php#ixzz1YXa0rm9v

Last edited:

More:

"He shows outstanding footwork, accuracy, and a good arm," MaxPreps analyst Tom Lemming said of Armstrong. "He's very comfortable throwing the ball from the pocket but does an awful lot of damage when being chased and finding open receivers. He shows good throwing mechanics and is very good in short to medium range passes."

Armstrong is rated as the 13th best dual-threat quarterback in the country.

http://eye-on-recruiting.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/26895818

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back