• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

tomatos

Tomatoes on Jun 8, 2012.jpg

When my retaining wall is complete in back I will have 25 four foot tall posts to hang shephards hooks from for the upside down planting. They shall have tomatoes and peppers in buckets. My wife works at a retirement community so she can get their laundry detergent buckets when they are done. Free, free, free, that is the best price for me.

When my retaining wall is complete in back I will have 25 four foot tall posts to hang shephards hooks from for the upside down planting. They shall have tomatoes and peppers in buckets. My wife works at a retirement community so she can get their laundry detergent buckets when they are done. Free, free, free, that is the best price for me.

Wow! you need to post a picture next year. That's impressive.

If I get it complete I definitely will. We dug out the top tier, and pushed it back to be able to gain some ground and get the heighth up. It is a screwy set up. Our house is on a corner, with a hill on both sides. The back yard is about 10 ft below grade of the house behind us and only about 25 feet from the back of our house. I engineered the wall type myself and the portions done last year are holding well. I basically drop an 8' 4x4 every 4 feet vertical, then use 3x5 landscape timbers as the horizontal fill. I dug out far enough to be able to restack the rock that was there as a "secondary" wall behind it. We have moved mucho dirt. I will be glad when it is complete as it has been a multi-year project.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back