• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

TJ Pledger Entering Transfer Portal

I'm a little shocked by this. Their leading rusher Rhamondre Stevenson is a senior who didn't do that much better than Pledger this year. Their third leading rusher is freshman Seth McGowan who got significantly fewer carries than Pledger. Unless he knows Stevenson's coming back for another season I don't understand why he'd leave. I would hope that he believes he could have outplayed McGowan and whoever OU has coming in next season and earned the starting spot.

Last edited:
I'm a little shocked by this. Their leading rusher Rhamondre Stevenson is a senior who didn't do that much better than Pledger this year. Their third leading rusher is freshman Seth McGowan who got significantly fewer carries than Pledger. Unless he knows Stevenson's coming back for another season I don't understand why he'd leave. I would hope that he believes he could have outplayed McGowan and whoever OU has coming in next season and earned the starting spot.
Stevenson is twice the RB Pledger is. I wish him good luck wherever he ends up.

Stevenson is twice the RB Pledger is. I wish him good luck wherever he ends up.

But is Stevenson coming back for a 5th year? Or was McGowan likely going to be the starter next year? If Stevenson wasn't a senior, I'd totally get why Pledger would leave.

Last edited:

I'd like to see Pledger a Cornhusker. We need a RB with proven experience (unless Mills returns...then I want Mills and see what our other backs can do as backups)

Sometimes I wonder if they want to see a different part of the world before they ‘settle down”. That would have been me as a youngster. Met and talked extensively with school principal at a child’s school. Went to Jr. college on scholarship one place. Went to finish BA in another state. Went for Masters in another and doctorate in another. Sole purpose of that was to see parts of the country they knew they would never see.
Or maybe play in a different system, to showcase and learn different skills.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back