• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

TJ Pledger: Commits to OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand the true freshmen sitting. With coaches having to look ahead, I can see where they are planning to have the OL they recruited ready when their top QBs are ready. It's not like one of those guys was going to win us a game last year, so the argument is really about game experience. The coaches thought the extra year outweighed that, so they'll have to live with the outcome the next couple of years. Hopefully, the forest for the trees approach that many fail to see works out
To me both sides of this argument is a chicken/egg argument. Great discussion though.

If you adhere to evolutionary theory... it is the egg.

(unsure how this solves the RB debate though....)
LOL great post. To answer your question. Was TA limited in his passing because he did not have enough time or did he not have enough time because he was too slow at making his reads?

LOL great post. To answer your question. Was TA limited in his passing because he did not have enough time or did he not have enough time because he was too slow at making his reads?

I am not an evolutionary theorist.... but, I didn't see a lot of evolution in the game on the read front. However, there was definitely times where there was strong selective pressure (supplied by DEs, DTs, and LBs) for a QB to not make reads or develop the trust that would have allowed time to get the check downs.

The answer as usual is multifactorial.... So the answer to your latest question is "Yes". :Biggrin:

I am not an evolutionary theorist.... but, I didn't see a lot of evolution in the game on the read front. However, there was definitely times where there was strong selective pressure (supplied by DEs, DTs, and LBs) for a QB to not make reads or develop the trust that would have allowed time to get the check downs.

The answer as usual is multifactorial.... So the answer to your latest question is "Yes". :Biggrin:
:Biggrin::thumbsup::Biggrin::Rolf:

This thread has run its course and therefore I am going to close it for all the obvious reasons.

RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back