• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Tis the season for BCS hate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newswatcher

Recruit
5 Year Member
What a stupid, stupid stupid system we have to determine a champion and close out the season. Whether it's Okie Lite or Bama, this system is asinine. It's going to come down to a couple voters who put one in front of the other. I've already seen discussion about OSU's loss to ISU and some saying you need to consider the plane crash that day or day before that killed the women's basketball coach and assistant.... and how that needs to be considered when penalizing them for the loss. I love college football but you can't convince me this is the best way to crown a champ.

Just to add.... I read somewhere Boone Pickens said he was ready to call for an investigation if the Pokes don't make it. I say go for it.... I'm for anyone or anything to show the stupidity of the current system.

If a playoff isn't in the cards, I'd like to go back to the old days. The Sugar (LSU), Rose (Oregon), Capital One or Orange ('Bama), Fiesta (OSU), would all have national title implications.

I'm fine with BCS hate. I'm waiting for the coming revolution and resultant anarchy.

So, if LSU and Bama play for the title and Bama wins, is it a split championship due to the fact that they each have one loss and it is to the other team? I say YES!

they have it right this year.

Really? So if Bama beats LSU they deserve to be the NC? I have been in favor of the BCS for some time now...until now...how can a team be the NC when the team they beat also beat them? Would Bama deserve it more than LSU because of when they beat them? I am now squarely in the camp of an 8 team playoff, with using the top 8 BCS ranked teams in some sort if playoff...those games could start next week and be over at the same time as the NCG.

So, if LSU and Bama play for the title and Bama wins, is it a split championship due to the fact that they each have one loss and it is to the other team? I say YES!

depends on the votes by the coach's in the BCS. Only one NC, who cares about the AP/media vote.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back