• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

TIME CHANGE! due to possible inclement weather later on...Nebraska @Purdue - Friday - 12:00 pm Ctrl - 5-19-23 - ALEXANDER FIELD - GAME 2 of 3

Pretty poor effort. Thanks @CrnhskrBob for the PBP!
You bet. If I have time, I am going to go back and check one of the at-bats of Max. I swear, the ump completely lost the balls and strikes count, along with the
commentator. That strike/ball on the screen was off, all day long!! He should have walked. But, I blame our people in the dugout for not catching it. He struck out, instead of getting on base. :(

Last edited:

We have 15 losses (and 1 tie) to teams with RPIs below 100. And went 4-6 against 100 RPI or better.

Too many bad losses, not enough good wins. With a strength-of-schedule ranking 167th nationally, which is second-to-last in the Big Ten. Can't afford that many losses to mediocre or bad teams -- especially with a relatively weak schedule.

I think we'd probably need to win the Big Ten Tournament to get a bid into the NCAA Tournament (appearing in the championship game is unlikely to be enough). I'm skeptical we can play well enough in Big Ten Tournament games to roll out that many wins. But -- at least we can still dream this year, unlike last.
That “probably” is 100%, unfortunately, can’t see us in at all without the B10 tournament title. Just too many turdly games and winnable losses. So, we play on, we hope and see if maybe we can string some together. Every team in the league is gettable.

GBR!

That “probably” is 100%, unfortunately, can’t see us in at all without the B10 tournament title. Just too many turdly games and winnable losses. So, we play on, we hope and see if maybe we can string some together. Every team in the league is gettable.

GBR!

You're absolutely right. 0% chance minus winning the B10 Tournament. I was being too kind with my wording. :)

GBR!
We have an RPI well north of 100 and will be the 4 or 5 seed in a 3 bid conference. They’d have to expand to 128 teams for us to have any chance.

Huh?.

I was watching little granddaughters all day…

Missed this completely.

Glad I did….:(

Let’s win this series tomorrow fellas!
After we had a lead, the team sleep walked the rest of the way. Then, Md loses to Penn St.! Just think, if Bolt thot it was important enuf to try to win today (Fri) we would be sitting 1 game out of 1st!! Whatever!!

Being with your grandkids was a heck of a lot better than listening or watching Friday's game.

Let's hope the team cares enuf to win the Saturday game. I will be here only in spirit. Take care............and GoBigRed!!

Sure does... And classmates!!!!
:thumbsup:

1684599695518.png

:drunk:

I'll take that bet as it is double elimination :) I think they'll at least win one. One thing that has to be corrected is their mental approach to games. Today is a perfect example. It's games like these along with the mid week games why they won't be in the NCAA.

You still want that bet? NU plays Rutgers in the first game.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back