• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thrillist - 31 Best Burger Joints in America

KingTM

All Big 10
5 Year Member
Here's Thrillist's list of their 31 best burger joints in America. Ms. King and I have eaten at Grind Burger here in Louisville and they are top notch. Anyone been to any of the others that made the list?

Last edited:

I can't confirm nor dispute that list, as I've never even heard of most of them, let alone eaten there. However, we do have this place relatively close by and another one in Reno, and they make by far, the best burger I've ever had while eating out. The Lucky Beaver, and they are fresh, big, juicy and tasty. One of the owners of the LB, is a founder of a large hardware store, and they put together a great model for this place.

One of my faves from them.....
Hot Hand
$16.00

XXX warning! Blackened burger covered with ghost pepper cheese, deep fried jalapenos, mixed greens, tomato, pickle chips and grilled onions with a roasted red pepper aioli.

I have been to Cherry Cricket a couple of times and they do have delicious burgers. Pricey though. Of course, to me most of the battle of making a great burger is not overcooking it like most chains do.

Been to Au Cheval, which is the same as Small Cheval on the list. Good burgers for sure, but I wouldn't wait the 2 hours necessary to get in.

Here's Thrillist's list of their 31 best burger joints in America. Ms. King and I have eaten at Grind Burger here in Louisville and they are top notch. Anyone been to any of the others that made the list?
Been to Miller's many times, they make a great burger, you order, they bring the food, you eat and walk up to the bar tell the guy what you had and pay.

I have been to Cherry Cricket a couple of times and they do have delicious burgers. Pricey though. Of course, to me most of the battle of making a great burger is not overcooking it like most chains do.

I agree and I'll add that Cherry Cricket is opening a new location across the street from Coors Field (just ate at their soft opening a couple days ago). Burgers are great, Reubens not so much.

Haven't been to any of them. Lots of places make great burgers though, I doubt this list is too authoritative.

Any list that doesn't have Hodad's on it makes me question it. Unless the quality has gone downhill since the owner passed away, I have no idea why it wouldn't be on this list.'
I've always wanted to try the TripleXXX place, but that would mean I will have spent some time in West Lafayette, IN.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back