• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Three-Year Stretch that Could Rival Any Sport's Worst Three-Year Stretch

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
Let's recall, NU has not made the Big 12 Tournament the past 2 seasons. 8 of the 10 Big 12 teams that participate in baseball make the tournament. As of now, Nebraska wouldn't make it again -- for the 3rd consecutive season.

2009: 8-19, 10th (last), no Big 12 Tournament.
2010: 10-17, 9th, no Big 12 Tournament.
2011: currently 6-11, tied for last, would not make the Big 12 Tournament.

Add to that, Nebraska has the worst three-year record in the conference.... 24-47 through yesterday.

I honestly can't remember -- at least in my lifetime -- three worse years in any sport than what we are witnessing right now with the Mike Anderson coached Husker baseball team. I do remember John Sanders being mediocre to poor -- but did he accomplish this string of slop? Husker hoops hasn't put together three consecutive years of garbage like this. Anyone have any idea if we've seen worse than what we are seeing now?

Last edited:

I just don't understand how this can continue! How can Tom allow this to continue?

I am seriously scratching my head wondering what TO is thinking.

A stipulation in the contract should be that last place finishes (let alone consecuative last place finishes) would result in a termination of the contract with a forfeiture of any buyout requirement.

A stipulation in the contract should be that last place finishes (let alone consecuative last place finishes) would result in a termination of the contract with a forfeiture of any buyout requirement.

One could only dream, Doc. What say you of that "dream"? What's it mean, Doc? :lol:

Well, as long as we are playing baseball (it won't be very long, for sure), I have altered my signature...........in protest to our "leader"!!

But wait! NU will "dominate" the Big Ten and all will be well. I said all will be well!

Even if we should dominate the Big 10, it wouldn't mean anything, we would collapse as soon as we faced a good team.

I would take John Sanders back over Anderson in a heart beat. Some might not have liked him, but I respected him.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back