• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Thoughts on this young man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

akweasel

Awesomeness In Every Post
20 Year Member
Thoughts? Slightly undersized, but has track / football speed. Seems to have that "scat" back to him where he is able to run flat and slant routes and mismatch on LB's.....and reads blocks well and has decent top gear.

I know the kid and he is working hard on his grades and is currently at Presentation College trying to get bigger/better and he should imo be starting to catch the eye of other schools. The kid is doing VERY well as a true freshman.

Thought since we have so many "talent" gurus you all could take a look and see what you think.

PERSONAL OPINION....on returns (punt specifically) he reminds me a lot of Mike Fullman of the Huskers in the mid-90's.

http://www.pcsaints.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=463&path=fb

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5Q1f1O9mKT0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Last edited:

I know Bartlet well having been at Elmendorf AFB from 2000-2002.....good school....

Had some kids from Alaska play at Montana and some other 1AA school when we lived their....from his size and the level of competiton he looks like being at a DIII school, as he is right now, is a good choice for him...the fact he is going to a small private school (in my wifes home state) in South Dakota I would say was a good decision on his part based on his height and weight among other things...

He should do well at the D III level....:)

Tough to get recruited up in Alaska....high school football starts in early July because of the weather...

Is he looking to transfer? If he goes up to D-2 or higher he has to sit a year....

Last edited:
I know Bartlet well having been at Elmendorf AFB from 2000-2002.....good school....

Had some kids from Alaska play at Montana and some other 1AA school when we lived their....from his size and the level of competiton he looks like being at a DIII school, as he is right now, is a good choice for him...the fact he is going to a small private school (in my wifes home state) in South Dakota I would say was a good decision on his part based on his height and weight among other things...

Small world....for sure.

He should do well at the D III level....:)

Doing very well, sitting behind a potential D1 player at RB....from the sounds of it Okie Lite will be taking a serious look at the kid this coming year.

Tough to get recruited up in Alaska....high school football starts in early July because of the weather...

lol.....and Nebraska thinks it is hard to get kids to come there.....try being a football player getting out of AK ;)

Is he looking to transfer? If he goes up to D-2 or higher he has to sit a year....

Not yet, wants to work on getting stronger and faster.......but eventually wants to play at a bigger program. He has the speed and desire and I'm not one to tell a kid they can't do something. I've seen to many get passed over to do that. He has imo the skill to play for sure DII and in the right program D1.....as you know a lot of it is how they use the kid, coach them and design to use their skills to their advantage.

I'm in no way thinking NU....but he does remind of Mike Fullman....only faster imo. Point is I've played against guys that were D1 and DII.....and funny how some of the better players weren't D1. Again.....this kid in the right system can play higher. Hoping to get other opinions on where and what system would benefit him.

Personally, Wasu St., or Louisiana Tech.......San Diego State, BYU.....open type offenses that like the scat back types or tweener slot guys. Get the kid in the open and let him run is where he would do best.

If not those, then South Dakota St., Chadron, etc......those type of schools. Probably DivII would be his best bet, but in the right system....he could make D1 teams (though probably not have near the success).

For the record I say he reminds me of Mike Fullman.......but THE BEST ATHLETE that I've ever had the pleasure of playing against was BARRON MILES. Hands down. This kid has that type of quickness (and similar vertical).

Last edited:

Can't say I've paid any attention to PCs season (although Aberdeen is only 100 miles from me), but I did look at their roster a few times and noticed they were getting kids from all over the US (after another look, he is 1 of 17 players from Alaska). This is only PCs 2nd season with a football program and with Northern State already in Aberdeen, I know its been tough to get the program up and running. Good luck to the kid with his future endeavors.

Can't say I've paid any attention to PCs season (although Aberdeen is only 100 miles from me), but I did look at their roster a few times and noticed they were getting kids from all over the US (after another look, he is 1 of 17 players from Alaska). This is only PCs 2nd season with a football program and with Northern State already in Aberdeen, I know its been tough to get the program up and running. Good luck to the kid with his future endeavors.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but does PC play at Swisher Field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back