• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thoughts on next season

Setter
Hames

Outside Hitters
Sun
Davis
Sweet

Mid Blockers
Stivrins
Schwarzenbach

Libero
Miller

Last edited:
Setter
Hames

Outside Hitters
Sun
Davis
Sweet

Mid Blockers
Stivrins
Schwarzenbach

Libero
Miller
Your line up looks very possible. I am curious about some of the other that we didn't see on the court, where they fit in on the plan. Not to mention how much they develop and progress in the off season.

Volleyball newbie here. Foecke had such a sledgehammer of an arm. Seemed like one of the few players on the team who made points by sheer will.

How are we going to replace THAT?
Good question. Foeke was an absolute beast when the chips were down and anybody who thinks she can easily be replaced is wrong. I like Lexi and she was the number one recruit of 2017, but even so she is not as good as Foecke. We WILL miss Foecke's arm and leadership. Stivrins is another beast and I do wonder about moving her to outside, but think that is unlikely (Cook will know best).

Fortunately what makes Nebraska VBall elite is the culture and teamwork. Cook gets more out of his teams than anybody else -- that is what gives me hope for next year.

On a different note, I was at the final four and Stanford is now on the same list I have for Miami and Texas -- absolutely classless institution.

I think whatever Suns injury was, it set her back a lot. And i think she needs work in the weight room.

I too think we will really miss the two seniors. They were amazing, each with her own singular strengths. In addition to those players Ackos mentioned, a 2019 freshman and/or transfer could be a key ingredient next year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back