• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thoughts on Nebraska Satellite Camp Parnerships

Middle-aged_Ball_Coach

Eternal Chairman of the Defense Commission
5 Year Member
Here are the Adidas satellite football camps for this summer:
D6EBTp2UUAE3Eda.jpg:large

Look at the locations of those camps. Which of those places is NOT in the heart of a recruiting hotbed? If your southeastern geography isn't up to the challenge, does it help if I point out that Macon, GA, is just a little over an hour southeast of Atlanta, and Boca Raton, FL, is directly north of Miami by about an hour? Unless there are more hidden gems in Lincoln, NE, than has thus far been made known, in the words of Ernie from Sesame Street:

One of these things is NOT like the other.
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?​

This is close to a dream setup for Nebraska because our staff has opportunities to be a heavy presence in any/all of these camps, and only Arizona State (possibly Georgia Tech) would be a host school who would likely be in competition with Nebraska for signing the same recruits. With the exception of California, these camps cover the places that have historically produced the most D-1/NFL talent. We haven't picked up a ton of guys from these camps before, but this would be one of those opportunities to promote the Nebraska brand nationally, especially in places that aren't nearby yet hold a lot of talented prospects.

Also, did you notice those team logos at the bottom? How many can you identify? I had to look up a few. Here's a close-up of those teams (and I'll list the schools in my first response below)....
upload_2019-5-11_19-12-51.png

Last edited:

Team Logos from Original Post

upload_2019-5-11_19-48-30.png

1. Arizona State Sun Devils, Arkansas State Red Wolves, Central Michigan Chippewas, East Carolina Pirates, Eastern Michigan Eagles, Florida Atlantic Owls, Florida International Panthers, Georgia Southern Eagles, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, Incarnate Word Cardinals

2. Indiana Hoosiers, Jacksonville State Gamecocks, Kennesaw State Owls, Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin’ Cajuns, Louisiana Tech Bulldogs, Louisville Cardinals, Massachusetts Minutemen, Mercer Bears, Miami Hurricanes, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Nebraska Cornhuskers

3. Northern Illinois Huskies, Ohio Bobcats, Rice Owls, Rutgers Scarlet Knights, South Florida Bulls, Texas A&M Aggies, Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners, Tulsa Golden Hurricane, Washington Huskies, Western Michigan Broncos

How many did you not know?

If anyone’s curious, I didn’t know Incarnate Word, Jacksonville State, Kennesaw State, and I wasn’t sure about the UTSA Roadrunners or which Louisiana school was the Ragin’ Cajuns. Several others I had to think about for quite a while, but I guessed them correctly.

Last edited:
Here’s the @Middle-aged_Ball_Coach TL;DR

Summary 1: Look! Adidas camps are in or near recruiting hotbeds. (Except the one in Lincoln).

Summary 2: Logos from small schools aren’t as well known.

You’re welcome!!!

:Banana::Banana::Banana:

Last edited:

I knew all of them except for the two non-descript birds (UTSA & Incarnate Word).

And I have to admit, that N is rather non-descript as well, when it's not on a helmet.

Edit: The only reason I knew Kennesaw State is because I live on the opposite side of Atlanta from there.

Last edited:
As to the OP question about recruiting and Lincoln.
1. Our camp is a Linemen camp. In NE, SD, IA, KS, MN, WI, The one thing you can find in the highschools is OL/DL.
2. Just south of Lincoln you will find some of the greatest JUCO talent in America. (East too not to forget IWCC) Many of them are also trying to get noticed.
So we may not be the Hotbed of other areas but there will be plenty of talent there.

Last edited:

Team Logos from Original Post

View attachment 24000

1. Arizona State Sun Devils, Arkansas State Red Wolves, Central Michigan Chippewas, East Carolina Pirates, Eastern Michigan Eagles, Florida Atlantic Owls, Florida International Panthers, Georgia Southern Eagles, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, Incarnate Word Cardinals

2. Indiana Hoosiers, Jacksonville State Gamecocks, Kennesaw State Owls, Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin’ Cajuns, Louisiana Tech Bulldogs, Louisville Cardinals, Massachusetts Minutemen, Mercer Bears, Miami Hurricanes, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Nebraska Cornhuskers

3. Northern Illinois Huskies, Ohio Bobcats, Rice Owls, Rutgers Scarlet Knights, South Florida Bulls, Texas A&M Aggies, Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners, Tulsa Golden Hurricane, Washington Huskies, Western Michigan

If anyone’s curious, I didn’t know Incarnate Word, Jacksonville State, Kennesaw State, and I wasn’t sure about the UTSA Roadrunners or which Louisiana school was the Ragin’ Cajuns. Several others I had to think about for quite a while, but I guessed them correctly.

Lincoln, NE is the only football recruiting non-hotbed on the list.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back