• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ThotDoc's Brain Droppings on the Wisconsin Game

Agree 100% !

And even though I’m as frustrated as others about the no-call PI, Doc is on point when he states, “If the Huskers must rely on a call from Big Ten officials with the game on the line, they may never win again.”

We had PLENTY of opportunities on Defense, Special Teams and Offense to change the ending to this “same ole movie.”

Last edited:
if the interference call was correctly called at the end of the game
or say one correct holding call on a Wiskey big running play
and the outcome and doc's thoughts my be a little different today

in 8 losses a blown call here and there would make a difference
and could turn a loss or two around

please, no holding calls in 3 years on the opposing offenses
and the article of the retired ref in the Chicago Trib pointing out only
Bo Peleni/Nebraska as thè most difficult coach worse to deal; with, ever
adds up

Last edited:
Enjoyed reading it and it’s spot on. I loved seeing the tight ends involved as much as they where. I thought what you said about Marriage was fair without being as critical as the average fan. Thanks for putting in the time.

if the interference call was correctly called at the end of the game
or say one correct holding call on a Wiskey big running play
and the outcome and doc's thoughts my be a little different today

in 8 losses a blown call here and there would make a difference
and could turn a loss or two around

please, no holding calls in 3 years on the opposing offenses
and the article of the retired ref in the Chicago Trib pointing out only
Bo Peleni/Nebraska as thè most difficult coach worse to deal; with, ever
adds up

I agree that a few calls here and there could make a difference… unfortunately those things will typically be out of the team’s control unless we’re talking about our own unforced errors (i.e. false starts, personal fouls, etc.).
I prefer (and am confident the team does too) to focus on the things that are within their control… discipline, attention to detail and accountability. If we could just consistently improve in areas like Special Teams, Turnovers and unforced errors I think that would have a positive impact on game results.
I really do believe that we’ll see some progress in these areas in the last game of this season for our Huskers next Friday against the Hawkeyes.
GBR!!

Last edited:
I agree that a few calls here and there could make a difference… unfortunately those things will typically be out of the team’s control unless we’re talking about our own unforced errors (i.e. false starts, personal fouls, etc.).
I would prefer to see the team focus on the things that are within their control… discipline, attention to detail and accountability. If we could just consistently improve in areas like Special Teams, Turnovers and unforced errors I think that would have a positive impact on game results.
I really do believe that we’ll see some progress in these areas next Friday.
GBR!!

yes you work on the things you can control
and up until this year the team was so bad a few calls didn't matter much
but this year

never underestimate the influence of the folks in black and white
unforced errors like, holding, pass interference or a block in the back,

what is the difference between the huskers holding call and wiskeys pass interference no call on the final drive?
the game

yes you work on the things you can control
and up until this year the team was so bad a few calls didn't matter much
but this year

never underestimate the influence of the folks in black and white
unforced errors like, holding, pass interference or a block in the back,

what is the difference between the huskers holding call and wiskeys pass interference no call on the final drive?
the game
Great point on the last two penalties... and reinforces my point. Theoretically the holding penalty was and would be within our control to avoid, and the no-call was not and never will be within our control at all.

On the B1G Final Drive, Joshua Perry felt that the holding penalty was actually the most detrimental to NU between the two because it pushed us back and caused the need for the long (desperation) passes. I agree with him... and those series of long passes at the end were frustrating for sure.

I think we're all basically saying the same thing though. When NU gets to the point where their consistency and execution is better, we won't have to sweat the things that are out of our control nearly as much.

Last edited:

Great point on the last two penalties... and reinforces my point. Theoretically the holding penalty was and would be within our control to avoid, and the no-call was not and never will be within our control at all.

On the B1G Final Drive, Joshua Perry felt that the holding penalty was actually the most detrimental to NU between the two because it pushed us back and caused the need for the long (desperation) passes. I agree with him... and those series of long passes at the end were frustrating for sure.

I think we're all basically saying the same thing though. When NU gets to the point where their consistency and execution is better, we won't have to sweat the things that are out of our control nearly as much.
yep, pretty close,

but i will not discount, what i believe is an anti Nebraska bias among the big ten officials
of course they probably will deny it

-sure be so good that a few calls here and there don't matter
well the huskers aren't there yet

- and that bias effects a lot
from decisions being made on game day, especially when you have a shot to win,
which this yer we have had a few times .
to coaching, how do you convince or teach a player say what holding is, when the same action is never called on the other team

you need to be pretty good to beat the other team and he refs

this years team seems to plays hard, never seems to stop trying
they deserve better from the officials

After the hold in the last series, I still don't understand four heaves to the endzone. We had :30 left and a timeout. Why not try to get at least half by going underneath. With the pressure Wisconsin was dialing up, they would have been ripe for a screen pass or a crossing route with a tight end which was open all game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back