• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thor Reminisces

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
A Good Read!

Being back home with no basketball was interesting, to say the least.

The last summer I was home without a national team assignment was when I was 14 years old. Not to mention all of the gyms were closed, and there was no contact allowed with the quarantine regulations in place. That left me with all of the time in the world for running, home workouts and reconnecting with my roots.

This summer, I focused on doing everything I could to be prepared for when school started back up.

Luckily, Iceland eventually eased up on the restrictions enough for me to finally get back on the basketball court.

I was fortunate to find other players that played overseas or in the league at home to connect with for five-on-five practice. If only for a moment, it was a good way for all of us to just focus on the game we loved.

We did have Zoom meetings from time to time, but it was tough with guys coming in from different time zones. You do what you have to do to make things work given the circumstances, but honestly, I just wanted to be back on campus.

He's an easy guy to root for. It will be interesting to see what his role will be with the upgrade in team talent. I hope he has a great senior season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back