• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thor 4: The Odinson Abides

1z0MItn.gif

"Waititi brought his own stamp to the Thor franchise with Ragnarok, infusing the movie with an idiosyncratic wit evident in his previous work like What We Do in the Shadows and Hunt for the Wilderpeople. Audiences responded to the tune of almost $854 million worldwide, while critics’ raves put the movie at 93 percent on Rotten Tomatoes. The pic also rejuvenated what had been a rare declining franchise performer for Marvel. "

"In November 2017, Marvel Studios gave Chris Hemsworth's Thor a completely new look, vibe, and style, with the action comedy Thor: Ragnarok. The fun-loving adventure was a major departure from the first two Thor solo films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and fans absolutely loved the changes. A large part of the success of the film was due to writer/director Taika Waititi, who gave everyone hope that the Thor franchise could continue past Avengers: Endgame. Well, now that future is a little more set in stone. Taika Waititi is back for another Thor. "

Three things needed to happen for me to be on board with Thor 4. This was one of them. The other two:

a) Mark Mothersbaugh does the soundtrack again.
b) More Jeff Goldblum

Lol. Goldblum was hilarious in that movie.

I'm hoping for more Thor/GoG crossover. They were great together in Infinity War.
I hope James Gunn has Fat Thor join GoG in 'GoG volume III'

Oh man...
@Rowdy Reddy Piper is going to HATE this...
:Lol:

"Natalie Portman will portray the first-ever female Thor" https://twitter.com/i/events/1152746764660690944

Hmph.

Instead of co-opting existing IPs and replacing established characters with minorities, why not just write a good minority character? Black Panther seemed to do just fine. So did Blade.

And this isn't a commentary on the movies (only), but on the comic books as well, since that is where this all started. I get the movies are following the comics trend, but that is not a smart idea.

Two creators I follow, Razorfist and YoungRippa59 are both huge comic book fans, and they have some great takes on the topic of re-casting established IPs.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back